Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Wilco Airport 2002 V.1

Thnks StiffThat`s right in the groove for me.Rates right up there with LGAV,And ISD`s LIMC.And a RJAA that was published not long ago.Nice to see some really nice freeware gems out there.Nice Airport scenery is a treat for good flightplanning/IFR.Ron

Guest SIX

Who makes the "London Airport" series???????? Links please-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest SIX

Downloading the main files now, but what about an english manual or anything english, anybody know? And on top of that, where is that RJAA scenery at?Thanks-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest MightyMatt76

Bill,I get your point, but I think I got my words wrong when I mentioned SimFlyers, nothing out there at this point beats them, they are #1. True, Wolfgang delivers when asked and we should commend him and his tema for this, all I am saying is that things can change. The scenery is good in Airport 2k2 vol 1, and it might even out match SimFlyers on looks, will tell you later, am downloading the beta now. Customer service is pretty much non existent by the sounds of it here, but I can honestly believe that language can be an issue with these Belgians. I was glad that my girlfriend came along so she could translate all that was being said behind back in French. I am not fully supporting them, because customer support should be a part of the package, but you have to admint Airport 2000 was a long time ago, maybe the have learned since then? If not then, I will say it again, they do not have a colourful future. I believe you would say, "Digging their own grave", but all I can say is that the new Wilco products will be something to consider even if its not for the customer support. And no offence taken!Kind regards,MatthewFlyin' High,Matthew NiederbergerEditor in Chief FS Magazine (NL/:( www.fsmagazine.nl

Guest SIX

Do you have this London Airports scenery and how do you compare it to, say...Simfleyers?-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

WilsonYou can find RJAA right here in the Avsim library.Just do a search in fs2002 scenery.RonLet me know if you get stuck

HiIt`s very good and EGCC is great.Worth having although the Author should lower the price due to age but that`s greed for you.Ron

I have downloaded the RealCDG in the past. Guess we differ on this one: I think it's quite unspectacular compared to SimFlyer's stuff or what I do expect Wilco brings out now. If Wilco does not do better than this for payware costing around 40 EUR, then really I would ask for my money back...No, seriously, I use that Paris scenery, and a lot of plaudits should go to the developers, they have produced a frame-rate friendly rendering of CDG. But I think it lacks a lot of details: taxiway lines and signs, better building textures, buildings on the airport grounds, real number of gates, ground vehicles, etc. I know I am very demanding...Chris

Guest Thomas K

unfortunately, I tend to avoid Simflyer's sceneries like a plague, particularly the newer ones. Not because they are bad sceneries, but because they eat framerates like mad. Without a P4 2.0ghz processor, you don't even stand a chance with Simflyer's sceneries. The guys who designed German airports on the other hand, were able to optimize their design so there is very little impact on performance. Simflyers should do the same.

Guest SIX

Yeah, he wants 36 and change in US bucks for London Airports and that is delivered. I said screw that and for 21.**(something) I ordered Gatwick and EGLL. I already have EGCC (SF) and don't care about Birmingham. I also opted to download, however I will definatly have to go to my church for that on their DSL. I have a 56k which runs at about 26.4 :(Thanks for the pointer Ron. I didn't know anything else was out there.-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

I second that RJAA (Tokyo's Narita) scenery. It looks so realistic, it is hard to believe it is freeware. The same author put out NAHA (Okinawa) as well and that also rocks.

Eric