Sign in to follow this  

Shimmering Fog

Hi,When my computer does fog with mountains sticking out the top, it shimmers rather noticeably around the edges. Is there an easy fix for this? I have an NVIDIA GeForce 2 card.Thanks,Kurt

This is one of the problems with the GF2. I have one as well, and hove noticed similar problems with other games. If you get the latest Detonator XP drivers, the problem seems to be lessened, but it is not fixed completely. Drivers can't change the way a card renders something poorly!

Guest gasebah

I guess it is a problem with all Nvidia cards. I have a GF4Ti and have the same prob. If you can stabd the fps hit: FSAA is the only thing that seems to help. Go to 4s and the problem is almost gone completely.Alex

Guest Pabra

32 bit texturing reduces shimmering substancially on my old rig. (too embarrased to say specs, but monitor is Iiyama vision master pro 510 running at 1600x1200)

Thanks, Guys, at least I know not to worry about it, now.Take care!

Guest SIX

I have 30.82 drivers running on a GeForce 4 Ti4600 and I still get it with full FSAA! Kinda ticks me off ;)-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh