Sign in to follow this  

Emma Field question

I was thinking of buying Lago's Emma Field after seeing what they did with Honolulu. Is Emma done in gmax like honolulu was?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Emma Field is great! Yes I am pretty sure it is done in gmax but what is really cool is the glider tower, has custom AI traffic (not MS AI), you can see some vultures soaring around the field and much more its pretty neat!

>I was thinking of buying Lago's Emma Field after seeing what >they did with Honolulu. Is Emma done in gmax like honolulu >was? No, it's not. Some of the things we do there are simply not possible in Gmax. Animations in Gmax are very limited (a real step back) and they were a key part of the product so we had to make that choice. Emma Field in Gmax would be a lot less fun then it is now.I do not believe there is a way out of the Gmax limitations in animations at this moment. You simply van only animated an object for a certain (very limited) amount of frames. In Honolulu the modest animations last a few seconds at most while in Emma Field there are animations that last for several minutes before repeating. For example the whole unpacking of the gliders from the trailers and assembling them takes about 10 minutes if I am correct.Check out our product page, it has many reviews and a lot of customer comments.Mathijs KokLAGO

Thanks Mathijs! Just curious. I will be getting Emma very soon. Just got Honolulu the other day and it is fantastic. Can't wait for your next gmax airport.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Mathijs,I admit to loving Emma Field too! Just one request for next time though...please use a real field. There are so many good ones in the world that could use your touch. The Georender fields are good examples. I wasn't interested in them much until I saw pics of the real fields and realized how close to reality they are. Emma Field feels real but doesn't show on any chart and that's a shame. Maybe pick a fishing camp in Alaska next time. There are tons on the sectionals and not many of us could say that yours looks like the real one or not! David

It was something that kept me up at night fo some time. But then I should... these great GeoRender scenery look absolutely realistic. But how would I know, I've never been there and I probably never get there.In the end we spend weeks looking for a field with the features we wanted and we did not find it. We found a very good one in the Netherlands (EHTX), a few in France and a few in Alaska, but all of those has problems. It's a small VFR airport so it needed to be close to large cities otherwise it would be an 'island'... Or it did not have glider operations, or the surrounding was boring, or there was no water, or the default terrain looked like sh*t, or...So when the only real problem is, like you say, you can't find Emma Field on any map. In the end we were not willing to compromise fun and 'experience' for realism. Realism is a strange issue:-)Mathijs KokLAGO