Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIX

Ready for mesh

After upgrading my system from an Athalon 700, I am now able to push the terrain detail to the max. Now I'm ready for some new mesh. I thought I had heard of someone doing mesh for the entire USA, but I'm having trouble finding the link. Of course freeware is preferred, but I don't mind ponying up some cash for a good product.

HI sky,Try FSGenesis at http://www.fsgenesis.comI'll be releasing Texas & SE within a week, completing the US in 38.2m in a five CD set.FS-traveler.com also has full coverage in a 6-CD set.Only difference is the way the data is organized and the price.Just have to compare, I guess.Justin

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

For what it's worth, I use Eddy Denney's mesh (16 files) and FSGenenis' mesh and prefer the latter. I use it for all of the US and Alaska/Yukon. If you want European mesh then the LAGO TerraMesh is the best available at this time (www.lagoonline.com) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Skyboxer,Congratulations on your new system. I am sure you will enjoy the added realism good terrain mesh brings to the simming experience.I have several sample areas in the US available for downloading. If you like what you see, you can purchase my 30m mesh today for the entire mainland USA. Regards,Stevewww.fs-traveler.comPS: Thanks Justin :)

Guest SIX

After a lot of research, I must say that I am going with FS Genesis...probably today. If you buy the Galaxy subscription, which is the best value from anybody, you will get more than you would from anybody in any software market for any software add-on to anything LOL. There is alot of good research material on FSGENESIS's website as well. Just a good read.Anyway....cya in the air.-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest SIX

I took the plunge. I went with www.fsgenesis.com MESH scenery a few minutes ago. $100 for lifetime membership, no shipping ever, no more money when FS2k4 comes out, no more anything...but great scenery. I can't wait.-----------Wilson HinesHEAVY LHC EditorUVI014FS GROUPFlt Planning DirectorAOL IM: dal276wh