Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

FSMeteo and Flightmax

I have both now, but need to understand the inner workings. Kinda like when I was a kid and took the wheels off all my toy cars.If FSmeteo is only downloading the weather where you are right at the moment it updates, then how will adjacent weather areas show up in FSFlightmax? You won't know to turn around a storm cell because it won't be there. If I check the box get Flightmax weather, what is that doing?Cas

Thanks, I copied it and mailed it home. I've got some wheels to pull off of some vehicles first. Yes I grew up and got into engineering.Cas

Guest RonB49

I think that the answer to your first question is found in your last question. Checking FSMeteo's FSFlighMax box causes two things:1. FSMeteo writes its weather into a file for FSFlightMax to read and 2. FSMeteo loads more than one METAR (200 Nm radius comes to mind.)There may be a third thing, in that I seem to recall discussion of loading lots of weather on the first FSMeteo download. I hope this helps. R-