Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants

Flight Sim Virtual World? My idea

Guest sfgiants

All,A while back, I was in talks with a FS vendor who proposed having a virtual Flight sim world where we all could fly in using our own sceneries, etc...Here is what I would like to see-1. The ability for virtual pilots to accept new sceneries from other flight simmers Scenery Library while flying in this virtual world. The application would allow installation of add-on sceneries. Kind of like what FS Add-on manager does. Very simple.Example-As I'm flying to San Francisco, a pop-up window come up saying that there are three (3) sceneries available for my current location. It will give me the option to download and automatically install these sceneries. The sceneries would be known by the online flight simmers library which this application would know.2. The ability to chat with other flight simmers.Is this world possible today?Tim

Frankly that would annoy the heck out of me. can you imangine how many times your flight would be paused with the $%#! pop up window ;-))and what about payware?

Guest sfgiants

Good point.Maybe when you start the application, it will show you all of the sceneries available to download from other simmers. You select the sceneries and then FLY!tim

I agree Fred. Those pop ups would drive you nuts. Imagine flying in the LA area? With the amount of airports there, it'd be pop up hell.Actually, I think pop ups should be illegal ;)CF-AOA