Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

Using David Clark style headsets with FS2K2

A long time ago I read an explanation of the conversion necessary to use David Clark-type headsets with RogerWilco/Vatsim but I can't find it. Does anyone know how to do it? It has something to do with the impedence difference in the mics. Also, the mic plug is smaller than a standard headphone jack. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! ThanksDavid

Guest Twister

Hi,There's a commercial connector specially manufactured for that purpose.I don't remember the brand's name but you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding it in one of the major simulator hardware vendor's sites.Twister

Guest Frank Betts

Try Flightsim.com They have all that good stuff.

Jason,That's it! Actually, I've never seen the second one. Pretty elegant way to avoid some of the hassle! I'm also curious to see if someone knows more about the commercially available device Twister mentions. I didn't know we had ANY major sim hardware suppliers! This site is so good for tracking down info like this, thanks to folks like you! Thanks!David

David, I use two david clarks plugged through a signatronics VOX activated intercom from Sporty's Pilot shop. This allows you to plug two Headsets into the intercom and then using a standard radio shack patch cord connect the output from the Sig VOX box to the microphone jack of the sound card, and the sound card output into the Aux audio input of the Sig VOX box. With this setup you can speak to your "Copilot" ,if you have one, with Voice activated mike operation and then hit a button and talk to the computer. It works very well. Kenhttp://www.fsd-international.com/images/FSD_beta_tester.jpg

Ken,Yikes! Great idea but I'm afraid that would break the bank. Even checked them on e-bay but still overpriced for my needs (of course now you've got me wishing and pretty soon I'll somehow rationalize it...) ;-)David