Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vulcho

How to shut down the autothrottle if I am using joystic

Guest citybus2200

3 Question.How to shut down the autothrottle if I am using joystick?When departing, how come there is only one thrust going on but the other one stay at idle? How can I do it in order to make 2 thrust going on at the same time as I depart a 747 model?Can someone gives me a Cathay Pacific Convair 880 and Douglas DC6 airplane?Very Appreciated!

Guest Vulcho

What joystick are you using?I think you can define keys for joytick in the settings->controls/joystick menu within Flight Sim. I believe it is under Settings when in the startup sceen before yuo hit fly.2. You probably pressed "E" which selects one engine only. Solustion-don't press E. If that doesn't work then you might want to check with the joystick settings on the thrust contol and also FSUIP's settings.3. I'll look but where did you check?EDIT: Didn't find any of the planes.I did see a Convair 880 in CX colors but it was FS98. It's at Flightsim.comhttp://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-retro-cool.gif

Guest citybus2200

Re:1.)I am using SideWinder 3D Pro joystick. Which key I should define?Re:2.)Don't get what you said. So what should I press if I am not pressing 'E'? What do mean FSVIP's setting? Where is it? What do I have to then?Re:3.) I am looking for FS 2002 CX Convair 880, CX Douglas DC3 and CX Douglas DC6 airplane.

"E".... By pressing E you select engine one... any engine ajustments will apply only to that engine..I thought they had fixed that....?:-)Pete

Guest citybus2200

QUESTIONI know by pressing E will adjust engine one, but how about if I drive a 747 airplane, that plane have 4 engine. How am I suppose to do that?

Guest Vulcho

Well, I think they fixed it but guess not.Try reading the Help Files-don't ask I don't know where they are. :)Pressing E selects Engine One. Pressing it again selects Engine 2.Now, I don't see the reason why you want to press E in the first place when you have started a flight with the 747. If you accidentally press E then press it 4 more times. I am not sure if that will change everything back to normal or back to Engine One but it's worth a try.I mispelled the FSUIP. It shoud've been FSUIPC. It is a utility that allows you to control many diffrent options in FS. It is a definite must to everyone using M$ Flight Sim. You can d/l it here @ AVSim's File Library.Here is a direct d/l link for you:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=20705Make sure you read all the documentation!When searching for a plane first check all the major websites for Flight Sim. AVSim, Flightsim.com, and Simviation.com They all have great libraries and you don't find it there chances are you won't find it anywhere. Then, search Google, and if that doesn't return anything, well, just ask.Forgot about the Joystick thing:In your Joystick settings menu in FS see what every button is assigned to. Then if you want to assign a button to A/T then select which one and define it's function.http://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-retro-cool.gif