Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

nVidia 40.72 WHQL's Fix FSAA in XP SP1

Guest fastdraw

Thanks for the reply, JDYes, I installed them via the setup and virus prot is disabled. Running win98se?charles

please help l use to have a gforce2 mx400 it was great l saw the silver metallic paint, now l have a gforce 4 mx440 64meg carn`t see the silver matallic paint under the 737 ....ect... could someone help me please what can l do.....

Guest jase439

Charles,There is a fix for this problem over at www.guru3d.com. Apparently the 40.xx installer leaves behind remnants of the old drivers which conflict with the digital video I/O. Go to the download section and surf to the nVidia drivers. You should see a file called 30.xx to 40.xx Detonator Fix. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll send it to you.JPS. You might have to uninstall the 40.xx first, apply the patch, and then reinstall the 40.72's.

Guest fastdraw

Thannks JI solved the problem last night, had to uninstall the wdm files, reinstall the wdm files, uninstall the tv in, delete the entries from the registry,then reinstall the tv in software. Works fine now. Now I am looking for a "locking software" that will keep me for changing anything in the future! LOLCharles

Guest ScottPilot

These are still BETA drivers. I will wait for the final WHQL version before upgrading from the 30.82's.I tried the 40.41's and I liked the interface, but many of my other games wouldn't work right. The graphics were all distorted.Also, the digital vibrance woud not work.Anyways, I can't wait until the certified ones come out!Scott

Guest jase439

The 40.41's had a whole slew of problems (I had problems all the way through 40.71). The 40.72's are not really "beta". These are the bits that have been sent to Microsoft's quality labs to be digitally signed. When they are officially "blessed", the bits will be same.JPS. Digital Vibrance has been fixed in 40.72. Although it is *really* a bugger to find in the control panel. I can't decide if I like this feature or not. It really makes night flying look good, but the land textures look surreal. Vermillion turns almost a red-orange. Dusty green turns to bright green. The city lights change from orange to almost red. It looks good in some parts of the world, especially in the tropics.

Guest PhilC

Talk about hard to find...can you give any specifics? I have yet to locate it.

Guest ScottPilot

Interesting, I thought they were Beta because it states that at Nvidia's web site. (40.72 Beta)I guess Nvidia will remove the word Beta when the get the WHQL from Microsoft.Good to hear that they are working well for you. I like the changes that Nvidia has done to the way you interact with the drivers, and I will be upgrading soon to them!Scott :-)

Guest jase439

I guess it's what they're calling a WHQL Release Candidate. There is the outside possibility that Microsoft might reject the drivers, in which case there will be another rev of the 40.xx series. That hasn't happened in a long while though.Cheers,J

Guest jase439

In the pop-up menu...under nView Display Mode of all places (the first menu item). That will bring up a page on the right. There will be two buttons at the bottom of it. Click on the button labelled "Device Settings >>" and then pick "Color Correction..." from the menu. Digital Vibrance should be on that page along with a handful of other color correction controls.J

Guest JonP01

Talking of Digital Vibrance, I've spend the last couple of weeks weaning myself off the feature. Certainly at first the vibrant and rich coluration was attractive. But so long as everything else is adjusted reasonably correctly, the colour rendering won't be correct with the feature turned on. I think the colours are more natural with it turned off, and I certainly don't think the in game textures were created on the assumption people would have the feature turned on.

I'd say.. only go the new drivers if you are not happy with your existing driver.. the 40.72s are OK, but.. some of my games do not work right (EAW as an example) I, for one, have gone back to the 30.82 drivers which are more stable on my system.. GF4-4200 / Win 98SE.

Bert

Hi,There is a problem with the Geforce 4 MX cards, They are not fully DirectX 8 compatible and don't do the reflections in full screen mode. The work around for this is:Run in a maximised window.Open the aircraft selection menuClick on the Windows menu at the bottom of the screenClick back on the rotation picture of your aircraftExit the aircraft menu.Now you should have the shiny textures but if you go to full screen mode you will loose them.You will lose some frame rates and image clarity this way. Bummer, but thats it I am afraid.PS Anyone else reading this please feel to prove me wrong!Mark Underwood(Adelaide)

Where do I find 2x and Quicunx? Quickunx used to work fine for me, but I seem to have lost it. Could it be because I've switched to Windows XP? Or because I've installed Geforce 4600?