Sign in to follow this  

Do You Live In Spokane WA.........

Hello,As you may know Microsoft did a horrible job with KGEG, it is enough that they didnt get the correct color of the buildings much less the wrong proportions with no gates.I have purchased Abacus Airport Scenry design program and after I have finished with redoing some of the local small fields in my area as well as the birthplace of the 707,727,737,757,KRNT I would like to take a stab at fixing KGEG and give it's dignity back.If there is someone from the KGEG area out there who can point me in a direction to get photos of various buildings/terminals and even a overhead shot it would be much appreciated or if you have a time in your schedule and have a digital camera and want to photograph it yourself I would be happy to give you a big time credit.I will also be looking for some one to write a AFCAD/Traffic bgl txt file for it I want to make this as pretty as I can.KGEG is a unique airport in my heart it was the first airport I flew into on my first commercial airplane ride(NWA501)Let me knowhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

You redid KRNT? I am from the area (Bellevue) and thus fly in the area alot. I'd love to try any of the changes you've made. I've downloaded new landclass for the PNW and a new terrain landclass for Seattle which adds some topographical realism to the deal, but I'd like to see what you've done.Sorry I can't help with Spokane.

Guest Coneman

I'm your man. I'll get whatever you need. I live in the area and can take photos myself. There might be a few in my archives already. And I'm sure I can come up with some kind of overhead view.It really pains me to fly out of GEG in FS because it is so banal. The terminal is really unique and would be a joy to see in the sim. Felts Field is also a very historic field in Spokane that dates back to the early 1920's. Many of the B-25s of the Doolittle Raid were based there at one time, and most historic buildings remain. I have taken photos specifically to use in designing scenery for that one if you are interested. I just don't have the expertise to do it.I'll send you an email Simman.Todd

Todd,Thanks for your reply. The concept layout is complete now I need some scans/jpegs of the gates(13,14,15 area), front side(passenger drop off&pickup)and the commuter terminal of KGEG to start adding textures and more detail I have winged it pretty good at depicting the terminal over near gate 30 through a photo on the GEG website. You do not have to go to great extremes for this request.I hope to have a few screens up here within the next week as it stands right now and when this project is released as freeware I will include your name in the readme for a credit.Send what ever you have to.....smithfam777@aol.comThanks againhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg