Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

Do helicopters have trim controls?

Guest Dakota

I am trying to learn how to fly the helicopter in FS2002. Do they have trim controls to make it easier to hover and stand still when the joystick is centered?Thanks

Real helicopters typically do have trim (there are exceptions - the Robinson R44 Raven doesn't), but the FS2002 ones don't. IMO it helps greatly to have a lightly-sprung stick for flying the helos - I use a CH Combat Stick.BTW, just so you know, there is a dedicated helicopter forum here at Avsim - try hanging out there for some tips and info.Dave BlevinsKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest Calb

Yes, visit the Rotorhead forum and scroll thru past postings. You'll find all kinds of simple tips and suggestions on how to fly the helo using the hit-and-miss, crash-and-burn method of learning to fly it.There is an alternative. May I suggest a visit to http://members.shaw.ca/hoversafe/Hoversafe.htm. We'd welcome the opportunity to help you.Calhover long and prosper

Guest Lindy

No trim on the FS2K2 choppers, with the exception of Antti's Dauphin. But I would strongly suggest you learn to fly the default Bell first before moving on to the easy-to-fly Dauphin.I can also vouch for the downloadable lessons you can get from HoverSafe. Check out their website for some suggestions on stick setup and control even if you don't want to try the lessons. And if you don't have pedals........ GET SOME.-Lindy :-rotor (still in training :-roll )