Sign in to follow this  

A transatlantic trip

Soon I'm going to fly the following route:Cologne - FrankfurtFrankfurt - ChicagoChicago - Ft. Myers (RSW)I would like to know if you could tell me where I could find a decent add-on for Chicago and Ft. Myers. I use FS2002, but they don't look really nice and I couldn't find any add-ons.I'm travelling on a A319, B777 and B737. I've got the DreamFleet 737, the PSS Airbus and the POSKY 777. There for I got real good planes, realistic. I would like to make this trip really realistic. Does anybody know the route (about)? Like first entry to the US?Also I'm going to get my PPL when I'm there - wish me luck! :-)Greetings,Christopher

Hi Christopher,I've flown from EHAM to KORD before. Due to the northerly routing that the trans-Atlantic flights take, my first entry to the US was over the Lake Michigan, as I recall, which is almost at KORD. A lot of flight time over Canada. If your US domestic route is with United (most likely depends on who you are flying internationally with), you'll be able to listen to ATC. Even if you've listened to ATC in your home country (I assume you are not living in the US currently?), nothing can prepare you for how busy the US skies are. Before I lived in the US, and came here on business trips, I just couldn't believe how a country's skies could get so busy!Good luck with your PPL. I got mine earlier this year, and am now doing my instrument.Bruce.BJC, Jeffco, CO

I know how the US sky is - been there MANY times. I thought so that it was over Canada. Yes, I'm flying with United and I can listen to channel 9, but I also listen to ATC at my home airport EDDK (Cologne-Bonn much). Do you know ORD - RSW flightplans?

do united fly ORD-RSW ???? if so what planes is it

Bruce,although most U.S. airports are busier than Europe's (except for EGLL), the amount of traffic on the airways is comparable.Problem is that traffic in Europe is denser,this doesn't more traffic(the U.S. is surely much bigger than Europe),but the traffic is closer together.

Yes, I've heard that EGLL is extremely busy.Thanks for the info,Bruce.

Sorry- I don't know the ORD-RSW flight plan. You might ask at the flight planning forum here.Bruce.

Wow! Then you haven't send Frankfurt EDDK yet!Yes, United does fly ORD - RSW. Of course they do. Its a 737 or a A319.

you lmean Frankfurt EDDF?well,EGLL is the busiest airport in Europe,busier than EDDF.