Sign in to follow this  

piper archer still kinda pops off

i have dreamfleets archer and yes the latest patch and it still tends to pop off on takeoff, frankly the c208 with i think its rob youngs airfile is perfectly smooth on takeoff, any ideas? do i need to trim pretty heavy for a smooth takeoff or do i need to wait until i pull back until im faster, i have been pulling back at abou 60kias, and it kinda jumps a littleciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest DreamFleet

Hi Brian,Ron Freimuth is among the best at doing flight dynamics FS, and I just checked out in the real thing this week, and I see no issues with ours or the real thing "popping off", unless of course you fail to dial in some nose up trim for takeoff. ;-) She takes off quite smoothly, or at least how I find the real thing does. You can also get the real thing to pop off too.BTW, I also checked out in a real Arrow IV this week (T-tail). Unlike the Archer, this bird requires almost full nose up trim for takeoff, either that, or you had better work out in the gym before trying to rotate it with just one hand on the wheel! (your other hand should always be on the trottle during takeoff) DreamFleet has a support forum for this that you may wish to visit, where many others would be willing to help too. :-)http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforum/dcboard.cgiRegards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F..._FORUM_LOUE.jpgThis is the '76 Archer I've been flying. Nice plane!

Guest RiddlePilot

I have no trim up and rotate at 60 and she flies off like a dream. Might wanna check your joystick calibration.

Guest DreamFleet

Hi Geof,Ah! You did not read my post at the CV forum yesterday!!I just put the AWM into the Arrow IV yesterday. It's going into the Archer next week, so I can cheat during my recurrent IFR training. ;-)This should be intersting as my instructor, Roberto, tries to "mess me up" and gives me a 90

It is really intuitive which I really like. I always figure if you have to read the directions it isn't well built-:-lolI am enjoying using it with fs-all you have to do is download gpsout and put it in your module folder-then put the ipaq in its cradle-nothing to it and it is awfully neat.I am hoping the next software version which they seem to be releasing soon will have the ability to place live sectionals in the awm.I got a program called ozimapce for about 28 bucks that allows this now but has to run seperately-when I flew from kfnt to saratoga springs, ny a few weeks ago it was really cool to switch from the awm to a live ifr/vfr sectional. If this is all integrated in the awm I think I will pass out!http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest Pabra

From the aircraft.cfg;[contact_points]point.0= 1.000, 5.000, 0.000, -4.650, 1500.000, 0.000, 0.633, 30.000, 0.500, 2.500, 1.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000point.1= 1.000, "-7.950", -5.250, -4.300, 3000.000, 1.000, 0.633, 0.000, 0.500, 2.500, 0.900, 0.000, 0.000, 2.000, 0.000, 0.000point.2= 1.000, "-7.950", 5.250, -4.300, 3000.000, 2.000, 0.633, 0.000, ------0.500, 2.500, 0.900, 0.000, 0.000, 3.000, 0.000, 0.000point.3= 2.000, -8.890, -14.950, 0.160, 1200.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, points 1&2 are main landing gear contact points, the quoted numbers position longitudinal .you can move the main gear a bit forward (example -7.950 to -7.900) until it rotates at minimum yoke input.or move center of gravity a bit aft (empty_weight_CG_position= -"6.900", 0.300, 0.000 to "-6.920", 0.300, 0.000)Too much and steering gets harder (less contact of nose gear) until a/c tops over on it's tail.

Brian,This doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I can tell you I shared your same "popping off" experience for awhile with the Archer, even after the patch. I lived with it because it was my favorite in every other regard. Then I lost my harddrive about 3 weeks ago and had to reinstall everything. I was a lot more careful this time around and even booted FS2K2 with the default flight (Meigs, C182) before loading a new aircraft and saving it as its own flight. For some reason the Archer flies itself off the runway now and the other "sticky" planes are 100% better now too. As I said, I can't explain other than to postulate that the air files somehow were corrupted in all the messing around I did. I'm not advocating you reformat your HD by any means :-eek but you might reinstall the Archer and try again.David

Guest DreamFleet

We really have to arrange a phone call, Geof. :-)Looks like the next version, based on the post / link YOU provided at the CV forum, will not have the live sectionals, and even if it did, we'd still need the real things with us, right? However, I think the airport diagrams will be a nice feature, especially if we can zoom in REALLY close on them!"Ah! That's where I have to turn!"It should be fun trying it with my IFR work next week (I still think I'm cheating by using it. Yeah, I'm old school, got my IFR back in 1976, before there were PCs!).Aren't you out in Michigan? That's where my 235 lives now (Grand Rapids). I really must plan a trip out there.Drop me a line and we'll exchange phone numbers, if you don't mind.loubetti@earthlink.netRegards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F..._FORUM_LOUE.jpg