Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera Pro-Thank you-the best!!

yea with the Phoenix Airbus u can zoom in and see the dails but cannt change heading or other functions in the VC view, however in PICA320 you can do everything in VC

Guest PhilC

Thanks for the explanation Serge.I will say that when using the latency feature I did have more of a feeling of flight movement. I think if I would have left it on I would have gotten airsick. :-erks However, I did not like the feeling when taxiing. On my PC the view would look in the opposite direction of the turn. This would restrict my view of where I was going unless I countered with the hat switch.In any case, thanks for an excellent add-on. I do hope that you guys will take into consideration my suggestion.... when time permits. ;-)

you mention the PIC A320.. what's going on with that?? The website says nothing, and I thought it was meant to be released this month. I'm really looking forward to seeing how good its going to be! Do you know what news there is? Is there a forum somewhere on it?It would be really cool to be able to fly a complex aircraft from the VC!!best regardsS

what I also like very much,is the fact that you now get a decent feeling of how big the aircraft is when in external mode,especially with airliners.in regular spot mode,you couldn't estimate that very good.excellent add-on!

Guest goon

Absolutely THE best software addon ever! The DreamFleet Cessna 421 in VC mode during the approach is stunning.Thanks to all involved, fantastic stuff!Regards,Gareth Evans

thanks geof your a gentlemanbest wishes steve

Rex,I'm with you. I can't see why people are so excited about this yet they haven't made the modest investment for TrackIR. Still, I like the flyby mode and if I can figure out how to assign the "move around the cockpit" controls to my hat switch, I will enjoy the ability to crane my head around a pillar during the turn to final.David

Guest jaapverduijn

TrackIR and ActiveCameraPro do two completely opposite things. TrackIR simulates the VOLUNTARY head movements in the VC, while ActiveCameraPro simulates the INvoluntary head movements in the VC. I must say I love the effect in ActiveCameraPro. This "head shaking" to me was one of the main attractions of IL2 Sturmovik, but lo and behold: we've got the same thing in MSFS2002 now! Well done, guys!Jaap Verduijn.

I hate to be the first to ask this, but how can I get this to work? I read the instructions included and when I tried to do the external pilot view I was stuck on the ground, no aircraft in sight, with a bunch of distortion. I can get the Internal Pilot view to work, but for some reason I can't get it to work on the outside. I'll try to take a shot if you need to know what I mean, but any help would be appreciated as I'd love to play around with this :-DScott

Scott,be sure internal modeis also selected when selecting external mode,I believe this is written in the readme

This is a great product and it is certainly a keeper. The only problem is the zoom rather than just zooming the cockpit,also zooms the outside world as well. I would have preferred just the cockpit but I can also see the advantage of the latter also. I never gave it much thought but bino's could come in handy in the cockpit.BobG

Geofa,What airplane is that you are using in your screenshot?It looks interesting.Jay

I agree this is a great freebie! The flyby and VC pan and zoom with the mouse are the best features IMHO. The external view is a laugh also, just went for a walk down the runway at Gatwick with the a/c taking off over my head! Great way to explore an airport. May have found a bug with this though - after a while I can't stop walking - it just keeps moving, even if I disable the internal & external views and reenable them.As for the head latency, I have to say I think it's a bit of a gimmick - I never felt movements like that when I flew a/c in the real world, I just think it's unrealistic.