Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Ever Experienced This Before?

Guest WorkingStiff

I just completed a huge task of reinstalling FS2002 Pro and all my add-ons. I went to KEWR (Simflyers) to check things out and noticed that all the taxiways were a light grey color and appeared raised above the rest of the scenery.On a hunch I checked my scenery.cfg file and noticed immediately that the Flatten and Exclude switches for the scenery was missing. I scrolled through the file and every Flatten or Exclude switch for all my scenery is gone.Has anyone ever experienced this? How did you resolve it?I've spent days reinstalling and optimizing my system and its frustrating now that much I what I did is unusuable. Fortunately I recognized what was wrong with KEWR and was able to fix it but I don't know which of the other sceneries are missing switches and what those switches might be.

Guest WorkingStiff

Can someone who owns the Honolulu 2002 scenery from Lago tell me whether this scenery has an entry in the scenery.cfg file? I saw an entry when reviewing the config file a few minutes ago but in earlier installations I don't recall seeing an entry. I don't need to know what the entry is; just whether or not an entry is made by default.

This has happened to me, however it was right after I installed some scenery in the library and clicked the Add button. Next time I checked my scenery.cfg all the flatten switches were gone.How did I fix this? Luckily each time I install scenery, I create a file called Flatten.txt and paste the information in there. I keep all of those in each of my scenery folders that way I could just re-add the information for the scenery.Anyway, here is the info for the exclude:Exclude=N40 44 00,W74 11 21,N40 38 00,W74 09 25,allFlatten.0=16,N40 42 49,W74 11 41,N40 42 49,W74 08 26,N40 39 33,W74 11 26,N40 39 33,W74 11 41Hope this helps! I know this method makes reinstalling much easier :)Brandon

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks for the responses. I'm puzzled by the Honolulu scenery; one person said there was no entry to the scenery.cfg file while another said that he had an entry.I too have an entry in my scenery.cfg file but somehow I don't think it belongs there since I had never seen it before.

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks for the information Brandon.Having now learned my lesson the hard way I will adopt your method and save all the exclude and flatten switches in a seperate file.Fortunately, the last few sceneries I installed were all payware and they backed up the scenery.cfg file before installing. As far as I can see, somewhere between installing the Lago Honolulu 2002 scenery and the Sim-Wings Alicante 2002 sceneries; all the switches were deleted from my configuration file.I think I can restore them from the backup files but its now another chore to do. :-)

Hi 'Stiff' and all,I recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows, and rather than going through the chore of reinstalling FS from scratch, I just saved the FS registry entry (use the 'export' function in regedit), uninstalled the add-ons that would be easy to reinstall (PIC, PSS Airbus, Simflyers scenery - just to save space), backed up the registry entries for all others - and then I zipped up and saved the entire thing on a separate HD. Once Windows was reinstalled, I added my saved registry entries (double-click on the .reg files), unzipped FS, made an alteration to a file named in an error message, and everything was back. The whole process (without the reformat and reinstall of Windows, of course) took less time than just installing FS. If it worked for me, I can't see why it wouldn't work for everyone else...Cheers,Gosta.

Guest WorkingStiff

Gosta,Thanks for the tip. I guess I didn't think this out properly beforehand...it only took me about 4 days to get everything reinstalled. :-)But I know exactly what's installed now....

Hi Stiff,>But I know exactly what's installed now....:).I just hope you're more organised than me and manage to keep it that way...Cheers,Gosta.