Sign in to follow this  

Gear up during instant replays

I like to watch instant replays of my landings over and over... (maybe some kind of fetish), and I've noticed something, sometimes as soon as the replay starts (during approach specially) the gear goes up and the flaps are retracted! Still then, the plane lands and sort of "floats" over the runway! What the heck is that??? I use my POSKY 767 in most of my flights and this error only happens once in every 2 or 3 flights... Is there a way to fix it?Cheers!!!

I have noticed the exact same thing, it seems to be very random when it happens and is not effected by the type of aircraft you are flying or airport you are at.But I have no idea how to fix it but chances are someone does.

Hope someone knows how, I love watching my perfect landings! (When they happen of course...)

Guest Edam

Same here. I almost changed video drivers once because of that. Fortunately, the gear showed up in the next few replays.

Guest PhilC

This may be a long shot so don't shoot me if it doesn't help. :-)Try going a little further back in your replay. i.e. - If you set your replay for 200, try 300.Here's what I think is happening. When a replay first starts, it starts in the configuration the plane was in before the replay started. For example, gear down, flaps down, etc. Once the replay starts it reverts to the airborne configuration at the time. Therefore your gear goes up and the flaps retract. I had the problem you describe happen only once and it was when I started the replay to near the time that these flight configurations actually changed. It appeared that MSFS simply got confused.Since this is happening more consistantly with you guys I would assume that it is not as simple as I describe... but who knows.Sorry if this doesn't help at all.

Hmmm I don't think it's as simple as that specially because it happens in a random way... i generally set my replays to 60 secs and they work absolutely fine. I tried over 100 secs and went out of memory! LOL But I'll try that!

Gustav:Must be a common problem...same thing happened to me last night with the same plane........Posky 767Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

This is a tip not for you landing problem but for takeoff problems.What I do...is to use slew.Heres what you can do if you are taking off..and the gears not touching the ground properly or when you view the replay its leaving puffs of smoke as its taking off in the replay.When you start your replay on the ground..use Slew ...raise the plane up a few feet. You will notice that the gear then goes down abit more so that it locks into position then lower it back down again onto the ground and then turn off slew. This will then fix that problem with the take off rolls.Thats just something I noticed and is just a tip.Craig Kiltie

Did you try switching all systems back on and restarting the engines before you start instant replay? That works for me on the DF 737.Paul

Yes that works for me 2, i allways watch replay with the engines running....