Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera Pro... to each his own

jerrycwo4Spent 30 years as a professional sailor.... too many hours of bing seasick and as surely don't want to be airsick also ! Tried the new Active Camera Pro. I didn't like all of the distarsion (sic) with it and didn't need the 'quick' way to see the other views. I'm glad that everbody likes it, but the old, original version is fine for me. jerry

Guest WorkingStiff

I'm just curious why you needed to start at least three seperate threads to discuss this one product.Can't you keep it all in one thread???

>jerrycwo4 >>Spent 30 years as a professional sailor.... too many hours >of bing seasick and as surely don't want to be airsick also >! Tried the new Active Camera Pro. I didn't like all of >the distarsion (sic) with it and didn't need the 'quick' way >to see the other views. I'm glad that everbody likes it, but >the old, original version is fine for me. >jerry Hi Jerry I've just been away camping for a few days - and find everybody talking about this new addon. Will try it out tomorrow.But , in the meantime , as an old Navy man and yachtie - I know what you mean about seasickness!!There are actually 4 stages of sea-sickness.1 The first stage is where you THINK you are going to die. 2 The second stage is where you KNOW you are going to die.3 The third stage is where you PRAY to die.4 The fourth and worse stage of all - is when you realise you are NOT going to die!! Barry

"There are actually 4 stages of sea-sickness.1 The first stage is where you THINK you are going to die.2 The second stage is where you KNOW you are going to die.3 The third stage is where you PRAY to die.4 The fourth and worse stage of all - is when you realise you are NOT going to die!! "Barry, I can SO relate to the above! I get seasick just looking at the ocean.To keep on-topic: I was going to have a look at this Active Camera Pro add-on but if this is the effect it produces, then I'll steer well clear!Adrian

I believe Jerry was referring to distortion (distartion?) caused by zooming out to far. when you zoom out topo far, of course there will be some odd changes in tehisometrics. That's what the mousewheel is for! It allows you to soom in quickly an easily with AC. If by 'distartion' he means the head-bobbing animation, (which can get annoying, certainly) can be disabled. It is a very neat add-on and especially useful in virtual cockpit view.