Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob I

Attn: PFC Owners, I Need Help...

Guest Bob I

Hi,I just installed the Delta L1011 that the Bear bragged about. Nice model, but I found a problem. I decided to do a single engine out approach, so I retarded number three throttle, and NO Yaw. So I advanced number three, and retarded number two, and the aircraft yawed to the right. You gessed it, numbers two (center) and number three are crosses. Now, if you advance the throttles one at a time whilst looking at the instruments, the correct instruments respond with the correct throttle. I tried to program a custom setup, with two & three crosses, and it won't accept it. Would one of you fine folks load up the new Delta L1011 and see if you get the same problem? No need to fly, just load it to a runway, advance the throttles one at a time and see which way it yaws with the brakes released. The default B747, and the new Dash 7 work OK. Thanks.Regards,Bob I

Bob,Wish I could help ya, but yesterday morning I plugged in the power to my PFC Throttle Quadrant, noticed that the power light wasn't on. Five seconds later I heard a "pop", then smoke began rising from the box. Needless to say, it doesn't work now. Back to the shop for repair. Electricity is such a pain.Bill

PFC fixing it for you for free or making you pay?

Eric 

Guest Bob I

Hi,Bad news, this is the first failure that I have heard of. Let us know what it was, and what was the turn around time. I presume that you are sending it back to the factory. Now, here is somthing interesting about my discovered problem, every three engine aircraft that I have in the hangar has the same problem, DC10, Falcon 50 L1011, etc. I think there is a programing problem. I'm sure that most of the cfg files were 4 engine aircraft at one time, and the maker just dropped an engine. If you have a single throttle, you won't know the difference. However, with a PFC quadrant, things are all goofed up. What do you think?Bob I

Since the L-1011 in question is actually mine, I can address this. Back when I was working on the L-1011 (my first 3-holer) I asked for some information on the sequence of the engines. I got several replys, most of them conflicting, so I just basically guessed. In any case, this is easily corrected. Either use FSEdit or edit the aircraft config file directly. Under GeneralEngineData you will find 3 engine entries numbered 0, 1, 2 (?????). Simply reverse the last two and your problem will go away.Mike Stone

Guest Bob I

Guy Charlie Brown. Thanks again.Best Regards,Bob I

Mike,That seems to fix the throttles, assuming left throttle is left engine, middle throttle is center engine, and right throttle is right engine.However, the reversing buckets still use left throttle is left engine, middle throttle is right engine, and right throttle is center engine. I assume this would have to be changed in the *.mdl file.One interesting thing was getting the aircraft to roll straight down the runway using center engine, then set its throttle to idle, and use left or right reverse throttle to steer left or right.

Guest Bob I

Hi Bill,Darn, never checked the TR's. Oh well... That is how I like to taxi, using asymmetrical throttles... neet ah! How have you been anyway?Regards,Bob