Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

geforce 4 mx400 64meg

please help l use to have a gforce2 mx400 it was great l saw the silver metallic paint, now l have a gforce 4 mx440 64meg carn`t see the silver matallic paint under the 737 ....ect... could someone help me please what can l do.....

MX-Series cards are junk. They are basically overclocked Geforce 2s. They don't support reflections well. Some people have said that by alt+tabbing, you can get it to work. I don't know for sure as I don't have this card. If possible, I would take it back. Get a Ti card if you can. If you don't want to spend the money on that, try a Geforce 3.Matt

Guest flightpro08

You actually didn't upgrade your card, you downgraded it. :-)The GF4 MX's series of cards is based on old GeForce 2 technology, and is not even fully DirectX 8.1 compatable. Many people have fallen into this "trap" set by nVidia. I'd suggest your return your card and get either a GeForce 3 Ti500 or a GeForce 4 Ti4200. Both of these cards are miles faster and will be great cards for years to come.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Guest ScottPilot

OK, First, the MX line of cards are not junk.I have an GF4 MX440 64MB card and it works great for all of my uses including multi-monitor, businesses applications, and gamming. That's why I bought it and I didn't want to spend $400 on a video card.I get reflections in ALL of my games, even the latests ones. As far as Flight Simulator, you can use the procedure to get ALL your reflections and water effects back.Here's how:1) after loading FS2K2 in FULL SCREEN MODE, just open the aircraft selection dialog box. 2) Make sure that one of the default aircraft (like the B737 or Cessna 182) is appearing in the selection window.3) Now press the key combination on you keyboard, which will take you back to the windows desktop.4) Now click on the MSFS2K2 minimized icon on the taskbar to go back to FS2K2.5) Now select the aircraft that you wish to fly or press the cancel button on the aircraft selection screen if you don't want to change aircraft.You should now have ALL the reflections and water effects back!I know this procedure might be pain for some, but it works.I e-mailed Nvidia a while back, and they told me that the problem is not with the hardware itself, but it's a driver issue. Maybe someday it will be fixed.As far as directX 8 compatibility, I get reflections in ALL my other games requiring directX version 8.Yes it is true that the ti line of cards are the best, but not all of us can afford them!Hope this helps!Scott :-)

Guest flightpro08

Never said it was "junk." ;-)I'm just saying that you can get a GeForce 3 Ti500 for the exact same price, if not cheaper than the GeForce 4 MX440. You might even GeForce 4 Ti4200 for around the same price as a MX440. Both cards are around the same prive and miles faster.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298