Sign in to follow this  

DC-3 Aircraft Data Needed

Guest Heather 636

I am working on the data for Scott Campbells (freeware) ACLoader so that it will also cover the DC-3 with DCA's seating arrangement.There is a bit of data that I am having to search out and the faster I find it, the sooner this will be done.If any of you can fill in ANY of these blanks, the quicker this chore will go and will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance! Heather1) Distance (in feet) from COG to pilots seat =2) Cabin length =3) Cabin Width = 4) Service Weight (in pounds) =5) Max T/O Weight = 6) Max Zero Fuel Weight =7) Max Cargo Weight =8) Climb Rate =9) Climb Speed =10) Cruise Fuel Burn =11) Cruise Altitude =12) Descent Rate =13) Descent Speed =14) Descent Fuel Burn =

Guest Aidi

The person you might want to ask is Francois. He is a member of the Dutch Dakota Association. He might be able to get the info your looking for. The other source you could try is Jan Visser.. I know he has a wealth of knowledge on the DC3.Rgdshttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Heather!Good on you, woman! I sadly found that the Loader doesn't contain a DC3... so please, take care of that!BTW, were you so disturbed by my email of a few weeks ago about my deteriorating health, that you don't dare answer? No need to worry too much, I ain't dead yet (wide and wicked grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Heather 636

I'm am so sorry Jaap, I did not realise the seriousness of it at the time. Please forgive me. Check your email.Sincerest regards and wishes,Heather

Hi Heather, Here is some data for DC3/C47 That I've picked up here and there.Powerplants Two 895kW (1200hp) Pratt & Whitney R1830S1C3G Twin Wasp 14 cylinder twin row radial piston engines driving three blade variable pitch propellers, or two 895kW (1200hp) Wright SGR1820 Cyclone nine cylinder radials.Performance Max speed 346km/h (187kt), economical cruising speed 266km/h (143kt). Initial rate of climb 1130ft/min. Range with max fuel 2420km (1307nm), range with max payload 563km (305nm).Weights Typical operating empty 8030kg (17,720lb), max takeoff 12,700kg (28,000lb).Dimensions Wing span 28.96m (95ft 0in), length 19.66m (64ft 6in), height 5.16m (16ft 12in). Wing area 91.7m2 (987sq ft).Capacity Flightcrew of two. Seating for between 28 and 32 passengers at four abreast or 21 three abreast.* Specifications follow for the C-47A: wingspan 29 meters 95 feet length 19.6 meters 64 feet 2 inches height 5.16 meters 16 feet 11 inches empty weight 7,700 kilograms 16,970 pounds max loaded weight 11,800 kilograms 26,000 pounds maximum speed 370 KPH 230 MPH service ceiling 7,070 meters 23,200 feet range 2,410 kilometers 1,500 milesThrottle sequence is PROPS, POWER, MIXTURETAKE OFF: 2700 rpms - 44 inches MAP - AUTO RICH (Trim -4 degrees)ROTATE 84 kntsCLIMB OUT 400 fpm - 105 kntsLANDING GEAR up at 500AGLPOWER SETTINGS:Take-Off 2700 rpms - 44 inches MAP - AUTO RICH95 knts 2550 rpms - 40 inches MAP - AUTO RICH (Trim Down)110 knts 2350 rpms - 36 inches MAP - AUTO RICHCruise 150 knts 2050 rpms - 30 inches MAP - AUTO LEANSTANDARD RATE OF TURN: 20 Degree Bank AngleDECENT at 400fpm ..Reduce Power only.Throttle sequence is POWER, PROPS, MIXTUREPATTERN SPEED: 110 kntsGEAR DOWN 140 knts (Trim Up)20 degrees Flaps 135 knts (Trim Up)30 degrees Flaps 99 knts40 degrees Flaps 97 kntsFULL degrees Flaps 95 kntsAPPROACH 2050 rpms - 24 inches MAP - AUTO LEAN 105 knts2050 rpms - 18 inches MAP - AUTO LEAN 90kntsOUTER MARKER 2700 rpms, & ..Reduce Power, AUTO RICHLAND: 84 knts Over the Fence - Close Throttle74 knts ...MAIN WHEELSSTALL SPEEDS: FLAPS UP 67 kntsFLAPS DOWN 61 kntsHope it helpsSamurai

Guest Heather 636

Thank you Gentlemen!!!Your assistance is greatly appreciated!!Sincerely,Heather

Hi Heather,From the data above (a few messages back).. I changed that recently to 48 inches MAP for TO, realizing *now* ..that de-rated power for Take off should not be used anymore.I have also updated my site on the section (How to Fly the DC-3) recently with other some new and more to date info.btw.. check out the Oshkosh 2002 pics.. I think you'll enjoy them.Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.comhttp://www.douglasdc3.com/1/dc3.jpg