Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

FS Navigator

I am currently trying out FS Navigator. How is this worth $38.00? Maybe I need to try it a bit longer, but for now, I am not very impressed! I must be missing something. Can someone offer some ideas on getting the most out of this software. Exactly what is it supposed to do that FS2k2 does not already do?

Guest flightpro08

FSNavigator is great. I use it to create my flight plans (I then convert them to a FS2k2 flight plan to use in FSMETEO and in my payware aircraft's FMCs and MCDUs.) It's also a great moving map and is very handy when flying online (it indicates which ARTCC you're in and can be used as a type of TCAS. While I don't use it for navigation, it has a "FMC" so to speak, and can be used for both lateral and vertical navigation. I highly recommend it.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Hey, you have 20 free goes with it, if you don't like it or don't think it is worth $38 don't buy it, no one's forcing you are they?Personally I wouldn't be without it, but there again I may use FS2k2 in a totally different way to you.

>Hey, you have 20 free goes with it, if you don't like it or >don't think it is worth $38 don't buy it, no one's forcing >you are they? >>Personally I wouldn't be without it, but there again I may >use FS2k2 in a totally different way to you. DID I SAY ANYONE WAS FORCING ME TO BUY IT? My question was, how are you using it. What makes it worth $38.00? Ideas, please. Yes, I quess you DO use FS2k2 differently from me if you paid $38.00 for this program.

Guest gasebah

Not impressed?From all the programs I bought for FS2002 this is the one I would least do without. Even if I do not use the moving map feature anymore as it is better and more fancy with FSflightmax and/or RealityXP I still do not wanna miss it for flightplanning, looking up ILS frequencies, or even look if the installation of all these airports is done well. The FS2002 moving map/flightplanning/GPS section is so user unfriendly that it is almost not usable. If you really do IFR and flightplanning FSNAvigator it is a must. Even if you don't he moving map feature is a very good one.Just my thoughts about the proggie.Alex

* It's a better interface for flight planning than the default FS2002.* The navigation database is updateable. By downloading updates, all of my addons (DF737, 767PIC, A3xx, FSNavigator) are all synched so I can now effectively plan flights and not worry about a missing waypoint or station.* When I fly with a panel that doesn't have a FMC, FSNav takes over. Gets me to and from places better. * The moving map display is great. Easy to adjust the amount of clutter. * It works with ALL planes that use the standard FS autopilot controls. If a plane doesn't, it probably has its own FMC anyway.While $38 seems like a high price. the amount of use the program gets (IMHO) far outweighs the expense. Happy decisionmaking,-Greg

Guest Heather 636

Can't imagine not having it. It has been useful in too many ways to list. Of course, I guess a lot of that would depend on the various immersion levels of one's flying.Anyway, i think it's great. It only saddens me that with the "brain power" on the roster at MS, they didn't do something like this with the FS release to begin with. But then, i am not surprised either.Well worth the money in my opinion.After that, FSMaintenance, and one of these days I REALLY need to get FSMeteo.Been beta testing this "Active Sky" by Damian Clark at the moment.Cheers!Heather

heck give it a shot! You might even get luccky like i did! Every 30th downloader is free!Yes I was a "30"Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Guest jase439

First let me say that I own and use FSNavigator extensively. Once you start using it, you'll wonder how you lived without it. I use it all the time for flight planning, flight tracking, getting ILS and runway information, identifying airspace boundaries, airway navigation, etc...I rarely use the autopilot/FMC features. It's a great utility and you can certainly take it a spin to see for yourself by downloading the trial version.$38 is a bit pricey for an addon like this, so I understand your concern. Can you get by without it - sure. But once you try it, I doubt you'll want to give it up ;-)

Guest B52Drivr

Heather,I'm with you . . . same feelings as far as MS should have incorperated this into FS2002. I guess, however, that with 2002 being so far superior to anything else we have seen, they figured that it was more that good enough.In truth, the other day, I fired up FS98 on an old computer. I was shocked. Now keep in mind, I flew 98 because I just couldn't get 2k to work to my satisfaction. With an upgraded computer, 2.2G P4 and Ti4600, I bought 2002.......I'm in love! 2002 has its glitches, but if one makes the comparison, there just is none.AS for FS Nav, I waited until the new offering to buy, and now can't do without it, I even have a dedicated monitor just for it. It sure does a great job. I miss the ATC of ProFlight, made it work with 2002, but for some reason, it has gone sour. The only real problem is that when I want to fly, I have to really schedule the time as, firing it up, and then starting all the ad on programs I run with it, takes the better part of 20 mins....ah, just about the time that a good walk around takes on a 'liner'.Anyway, got off the subject, but FS Nav is here to stay for me.PS Love the Vargas Girls. Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com