Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

ActiveSky 2002 v1.0 is RELEASED FREEWARE!!!!!!

Brian,Sorry about the install problems you are experiencing.There was originally a .zip manual installation, but this was problematic for some users who did not have the files (many could not seem to install them without problems). Which is why I ended up making the installer setup.exe with inclusion of the required files.This is my first VB6 application and I am beginning to regret ever using this platform. The real problem is that VB6 by nature does not have intelligent ways to package a runtime program into a SELF SUFFICIENT application.I am sure that very soon here all the problems will be worked out and I am real sorry that your system had problems with the install.I suggest downloading the new installer from http://members.cox.net/dzc66/activeskyv1.zip (same filename, different install)This has the latest VB distribution, runtime, and control files which should put things back in order. Feel free to email me at dzc66@cox.net and I'll try to help with any other issues you have.-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi there,You can fix the upper wind transitions by using FSUIPC's wind smoothing feature. Check out the FSUIPC settings and try this as well as some of the other nice features of FSUIPC.-Damian

Damian Clark

Damian,Thank you for your reply, I understand the problems and hope you get it all sorted out as it must be driving you nuts by now. ;-)Between the time I posted and before I saw your reply I think I was able to straighten out things here. It looks like that so far anyway.After I reinstalled the VB 6 files I downlaoded from MS today, I found in a bak folder on my machine, a version of oleaut32.dll with a date of 11/02/01.Windows would not let me change that file while in windows mode so it was back into good old Ms Dos mode to copy it from the bak folder to windows system and after a reboot back to windows it seems to be ok.I have not had the time to check other things yet as I wanted to get back to you first but I think all should be well now.Thanks again for the addon, I'm off to give it a good workout and am looking forward to seeing some accurate weather! Thanks again for your efforts.

Brian,I am glad you sorted it out..Could you do me a favor, now that you know how to fix the original problem? If you can install again from http://members.cox.net/dzc66/activeskyv1.zip program (uninstall the old one first) and see if the problem went away?I just need someone who had this problem to verify that I was able to fix it so I can package up the new update, confident there will be no more installer problems!Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark

>Is this the same author as Weather Maker? It seems to use >the same installer. >>With the Weather Maker installer I got the same "need to >update system files" warning. Next thing I know both my >Norton and IE browser was messed up. My browser wouldn't >let me open a link in a new window -- it would just hang. >Cool, well now that I have the same problem too, could somebody tell me how to reverse this? Which files do I have to reinstall and where do I find them? I'm using Windows 98 SE.Dammit..:-hang

Hi,sorry for the install problems..Go to http://members.cox.net/dzc66 and there are instructions on fixing the problem.The problem is now fixed in the new v1.1 version now released.-Damian

Damian Clark

Everyone,Please go to http://members.cox.net/dzc66 for the latest version with several fixes.If you had problems with the install the first time, and now have IE problems, see the instructions at that site that explain the fix process.Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark

No problems here so far also Damian, thank you! Looks very promising. :-kewl

>Brian, >If you can install again from >http://members.cox.net/dzc66/activeskyv1.zip program >(uninstall the old one first) and see if the problem went >away? Damian Sorry for the delay. I did not see your message until this morning.I uninstalled v1 and reinstalled version 1.1 as per your request, rebooted and everything seems to be working very well. IE 6 is working fine and a quick check in the sim shows all to be well there too.Thanks for your prompt attention.Congratulations and thanks for creating an excellent freeware addon. Regards,Brian

Hey Damian,well I'm sorry I didn't reply since I was beta tester but I haven't been home most the time in the last days. I apologize for that.. But as it seems the rest of the testers did their job very well, it's works just great, no single bug or similar.Thank you!!! :-hahEtienne