Sign in to follow this  

Dallas Delights

Just flown FS2002 to Dallas at night - impressive! SOmehow the default night scenery is not only spectacular in it's own right, but it actually works here. I mean, the most unrealistic thing about city night lighting in NY, Chicago etc is the repetitive 'patterned' lighting, it just don't look real. SOmehow they made it look more random and real in Dallas- my guess is this was one of the last cities they worked on and they were getting better by then.Talking of getting better - since I got the new 40.52 on my Win98se system, I have never seen such great looking, detailed textures in FSAll from me Georgethetee

I totally agree! I live in Dallas and love the skyline, glad it is represented so well! Too bad D/FW airport wasn't, LOLRegards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Robert FS, I have a 1Ghz T'Bird, G3 Ti 200 tweaked to 238/468, 256Mb SDRAM, Win98seAll from me Georgethetee

>I totally agree! I live in Dallas and love the skyline, glad >it is represented so well! Too bad D/FW airport wasn't, LOL >>Regards, Michael Michael, what is the name of the big blue-outlined building? Also, the huge 'sculptured' one with the sloping elevations? Thanks for info, excuse my ignorance, I regret the only Big D building I knew was, sadly, the Texas Schoolbook Depository.All from me Georgethetee

George:Are you referring to video drivers in your last paragraph?Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Alex - yes the Detonator 40.52. Tried the 40.71, no go for me but I really love these 40.52, faster and more detailed.All from me Georgethetee

RobertJust a real comparison for you taken at night over Dallas in a CE550 I was flying.Peter

Guest Dean

>>I totally agree! I live in Dallas and love the skyline, glad >>it is represented so well! Too bad D/FW airport wasn't, LOL >>>>Regards, Michael >>Michael, what is the name of the big blue-outlined building? > Also, the huge 'sculptured' one with the sloping >elevations? Thanks for info, excuse my ignorance, I regret >the only Big D building I knew was, sadly, the Texas >Schoolbook Depository. >>>All from me >>Georgethetee Georgethetee,The sculptured building with the sloping elevations is called Fountain Plaza and was designed by I.M. Pei. The big blue-outlined building is actually outlined with green argon gas tubing. It is called Bank of America Plaza and is the tallest building in Dallas at 72 stories.

Guest KenG

We used to call it the Argon Building. I remember when they set up the laser lights outlining the dimensions of the building when they broke ground. We went up in my Dad's building to see it. He worked at One Main Place at the time. I miss the old Mobil Oil Pegasus in the skyline though. One of these days I've got to get back to Dallas...for good.

Guest Dean

>I miss the old Mobil Oil Pegasus in the skyline though. A friend of mine was an IT guy for Mobil prior to the merger with Exxon. He did survive the merger and now does the same for Exxon/Mobil. He and several of the original Mobil group had sweatshirts made with the image a flying horse skeleton and the words "Pegasus Extinctus".

Thank you to everyone for the interesting infoAll from me Georgethetee

Same experience with the 40.72 on Win 98SE, some of my games would not work properly... the 40.52s are great, however.

Bert

Bert - I think the 40.71/72 was not really tested for WIn98. Otherwise, why do so many people get the desk.cpl error? No, these 40.52 are the girl I've been looking for all my life!All from me Georgethetee