Sign in to follow this  
Flyer Ken

Active sky Problem

Guest nitram

Taking off from Gander on route to Sanford. Weather is overcast. Climb to Cruise at 38000ft. 'Atis' (activesky) changes at next Gander weather station. Suddenly my 747 is at 65000ft. IFR cancels immediately. It would seem that the weather change is confusing the hell out of my Aircraft. Pity, it seemed like a very good program until then.

Guest nitram

It would seem that you have had this experience at the same location. Hopefully it is a 'fixable' bug as this program looks very good.

Yes, the program looks excellent except for this bug. Question. Which wx stn gave you the problem? Was it an automated wx station (with the words AUTO) in it? Maybe this version can't handle the word Auto in it?

Guest nitram

Sorry I did n't take note of the exact details. I took off from runway 4 at cyqx and headed 240 until I picked up my flight plan. This was the microsoft generated route with no deviated waypoints to Sanford Florida. I will try this again soon and get back when I can.

Guest Deeks

I don't think this is a problem with Active Sky as much as it is with FS2002. I recently had the same problem with FS Meteo 5.2 flying from CYZT to CYQQ in a C177. Conditions were heavy IFR and my alt changed from 7000 AGL to ~15000 and I don't remember seeing a baro change. I'm going to try different metro conditions and see if I can duplicate this again. It seems to be a 'Bermuda Triangle' thing :0

It seems to me that this problem is happening when the reporting station does not report the altimeter reading. I went by one station and the program set my altimeter to 0089! You can correct your altitued by pressing "B".

Thanks Damian! I know how much work goes into a project like this (I'm a programmer), and I really appreciate your efforts.