Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Somebody is using my Name!!! Where is the moral today!!

I'll have a few repaints now for the Dash 7, and I'll allways upload them to avsim and flightsim...But after a release I'll check if the files made available for download...After checking today flightsim.com I'll saw this file:Name: dh7thy.zip Size: 2,412,076 Date: 10-06-2002 Downloads: 0 FS2002 Goldengate DeHavilland Dash 7. Textures only, requires DASH7V1.ZIP. Repainted by Andre FolkersEven in the readme files file.diz they used my name, they copied also some work from me and used it hmmm...But using my name it puzzles me, where is the moral from "some" people today... please use your own name...I'll have asked flightsim to remove the file because I'll spent a lot of hours to repaint the Dash 7, but want only see my name with my own made files...So I'll hope this will stope otherwise I'll think of stop sharing my repaints....Andr

André

Guest gasebah

Could have been a stupid reason without any intent of wrongdoing. Consider this: You are not sure what to write in the id file as you do not find a place where it is explained. You figure what the hell, and copy an existing one but forget to edit the name. Not likely? That is exactly what happened to me once when I was new to this.After all what would be the point of distributing a self made file under a wrong name? You want all the fame and glory for yourself :-)Alex

First of all when you upload you are going to the stage where you have to fill your own author name and email addres... and also the description text... Alex thanks for your reply made the same considerations, however he copied most of the stuff...Checked the files and they where edit three files readme file.diz and the *.cfg (there is a name and mail address what isn't correct working) further my files are 32 bit with a special paint of alpha layer...Strange that he edit and leave my name in the files but changes the content...The *.bmp edit where saved as DXT1 and with wrong alpha channel...So it sounds all strange to me ;-) awfEHAM

André

No he doesn't because he leaves his name and email address in the *.cfg file... his address don't work...I'll have a lot of humor, but you should be careful to make a yoke of this after painting many many hours ;-)Maybe the next time we will use your name :-) and write some rubbish... I'll think you don't appreciated...My appologize but I'll think it's cheap to make a yoke of it...awfEHAM

André

Darren thank you for your reply, however this posting has been done after checking the files and tried to sent an email via two different providers...As for reality it could be your right, however the chance painting the Dash 7 with the same name (hmm here in the Netherlands the combination is indeed unique first / last name)...Then this person with the same name somewhere on this planet download first my goldengate file... and used most of it in the newfile :(However the chance you get my point, and in my case if somebody is repainting the same aircraft with the same name pfff... then....But it still puzzles me why... :(awfEHAM

André