Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milio_B

Project AI Delta traffic

I installed this as soon as it came out a few weeks ago. Its working OK but my framereates with even 35% AI traffic are horrendous around Atlanta. I have to turn just about everything to below half settings to get an acceptable frame rate. Am I doing something wrong or is it this big a hit on frame rate? If I pan away from the airport(default scenery) I get it to go right back up to about 25, as soon as I get within about 6-7 miles and with the ramps/aircraft in sight it goes down to about 10, then even lower at times when Im close. pretty much unacceptable for flying. I thought the Project Ai stuff was frame rate friendly?? I also have an afcad file for ATL which activates the runways and has about 60 or so gates. Would this be the problem? Just wondering, its cool but not real practical. Either that or its upgrade time againAthlon 1.4g, GF4 Ti4200, 512mb ddr, WIN98SEhornit

Guest RiddlePilot

EXACTLY the same problem I have. I guess its just having 40-50 aicraft to display at once. Maybe there might be an update to the textures or models to decrease the complexity and increase the frame rates.

One thing to try.I have noticed that some (maybe all) of Pai Aircrafts are made with reflective textures.Try turning this feature off under settings display aircraft.I may help.Norvald Olsvold

I have a P4 1,5,Gefore 3 64MB and traffic at 100% with all official PAI packages installed=>no major frame-hit at KATLdo you guys all have the default scenery for KATL?I guess PAI in combination with e.g. Simflyers might cause some serious framerate-hit

Guest RiddlePilot

I have default ATL with 4 overlays. First 2 for Delta, United, US Airways, etc., 3rd for AirTran and 4th for cargo.I have a feeling that you're not getting all the Delta flights to show up if you don't have overlays. The default AFCAD only has about 10-15 gates, so any traffic that arrives and doesn't have an open gate will disappear.That may be why you're not getting a fps hit.

Guest Milio_B

If you don't mind not having reflections on AI a/cs, then what you can do is convert all of the PAI textures to DXT1 format. Their size will be cut down to 1/2, and there won't be any reflections, which means yor FPs will improve.I must warn you thoiugh, it's quite a long job if you have all PAI packages :(