Sign in to follow this  

Where can I get Active Sky?

Guest Scoobe

Were there so many problems with it, the file was pulled? I can't find it listed in the library anymore. I was working today and was looking forward to downloading it when I got home. Oh well, Rob

Hi Scoobe,Kenny is correct, the file is at http://members.cox.net/dzc66The 1.0 file had an install problem so it was deleted off AVSIM and has been updated with v1.1 (to be added to library soon).-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

jerrycwo4There is a new vr 1.2, out today, Oct 8,2002.jerry

jerrycwo4 I had already installed version 1.1 of Active Sky yesterday. The instruction said to 'uninstall' a previous version 1st BEFORE installing vr 1.2, but i could NOT find a way to do that so I installed vr 1.2 over top of vr 1.1 and it seemed to install OK. Active Sky ( the 1.1 version was NOT listed under the "Add/Delete" programs files and could not find where it had an 'uninstaller' ?jerry

Hi Jerry,Your install-over-the-top is fine... Not sure why you couldn't uninstall from control panel but it was probably due to the earlier installation problems.-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Just gave Active Sky 1.2 a test drive between YSSY and YSRI and pitted it against FSMeteo 4.77 demo and Weather Center 1.0 Novice. Your proggy impresses me the most.The one feature that I would really like to see is, as has been requested in another thread, SMOOOOOTH transitions of cloud cover, wind direction and strenght, etc. between station changes - perhaps adjustable from a few seconds per the FS2K2 default to a minute or so for more significant changes in weather. If you implement such a feature in your already excellent program, I will name my third child after you - hifi55! Why the third child? - I already have two kids and they are old enough not to be suckered into a namechange just for my benefit! OK, so I'm not intending having anymore kids, but I'd really like this feature.Gary