Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

GF3 200 TI & AMD

Hey Guys,Im trying to find out what your display settings are for Aircraft, Scenery, and Hardware are.I have a GF3 200 TI, running on an AMD CPU. (1.2ghz Tbird)If anyone feels like it, would you mind posting all of your display settings for me? Please, only those who have a similar set up.Im trying to get rid of random lock ups which cause a hard lock up and make me resort to hitting my little red button on my case.Thanks

Hi, JoshI had similar troubles on my 1Ghz TBird with GF2 Ti 200 256Mb. I think I solved it by switching 'pause on task switch' to on. Also in BIOS I switched PCI write buffer on. Made no other changes but that fixed itAll from me Georgethetee

AMD XP 1700+ and GF3 Ti200 here. Had lockups constantly, tried many different things recommended in these & other forums, but finally solved it by turning DirectSound acceleration OFF in my soundcard setup. Never locks up at all now, but of course, Your Mileage May Vary.

Hi Josh,I have an 1800+ and a GeForce3 ti200. I started having lockups recently, and never got the performance I thought I should from my rig. My personal fix for the low frame rates was to load the correct AGP drivers for my motherboard (uses the AMD 761 chipset). That made the frame rates scream, but then things started locking up. I've had better luck with lockups since switching from a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 sound card to an Audigy. And I had to change my system setup from using ACPI to Standard PC, so the video card is on its own IRQ. Still haven't solved every problem, but I thought you'd like to know what I did. BTW, my graphics settings are 1152x864 at 32 bit; most sliders full right except for terrain mesh complexity (70%). I don't run FSAA and I'm using bilinear filtering. good luck!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit