Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Force Feedback Yoke

Hi All,Just wondering... does a force feedback yoke exist and if so where can I get one from? I use the CH one now but miss my ff joy stick :(Thanks.Matt

Matt,I've seen this question pop up from time to time. The short answer is no. I've no idea what the long answer is ;-).Actually, the argument presented before was that you don't experience the kind of forces on a yoke that you do with a stick, and that any force feedback that was done might not be very realistic. Me? I've never flown one single aircraft in real life. So I'm not qualified to judge. Just passing along info!thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest Fortress

A long time ago (circa 2 yrs) I put this question to two well-known FF manufacturers. The answer basically boiled down to the FS community/customer base being a niche market. Development, manufacturing, and marketing costs would be prohibitive when considering the small numbers that would actually be sold. So... although both agreed that the idea is nice, neither entertained the idea of actually producing one. Shame!Cheers,Paul

http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/Fortress.gifVoted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.comVANF "Best" New Virtual Airline AwardOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logohttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/saint_georgex1.gif

Ah ok guys, thanks for your help. I've been in a full motion sim a few times and it's true that you don't get forces in the yoke itself but short of a force-feedback chair (AH! IDEA?!!) an FF yoke would add some realism I think.Cheers again guys.Matt

>>chair (AH! IDEA?!!) an FF yoke would add some realism I >think. >*IF* it was done correctly. Not only the hardware but software would also have to undergo major changes. Current FF is simply out of touch with real yoke forces. Probably a very expensive proposition to attain realistic results.Michael J.

Guest gasebah

>>>short of a force-feedback chair (AH! IDEA?!!)It is not exactly a force feedback chair, but adds greatly to the realism:www.ivibe.comIt is still in kind of a beta stage, but I have it and I greatly enjoy it.Alex

Thanks!! Looks good, all I need to do is save up!!Matt

If not available commercially you could always try building your own. see http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID42(Not sure how long the pics in that thread will remain)On the realism, it is highly tweakable. Forces can be made adjustable via higher or lower supply voltages. Elevator force can be made really heavy. I used it in Flight Unlimited III, where it performs reasonable: Force adjusts with airspeed, neutral yoke position shifts with trim setting. There are however no vibration effects in FU-III.Just recently started checking it with FS2002. FS2002 has many tweaking possibilities in the aircraft.cfg file. Sure is lots of fun trying out :-) Roland

I fly a Beech 1900 simulator that is everything except motion. The control forces are real. It's a very heavy elevator airplane if not trimmed constantly. A 45 degree bank level turn requires two hands to hold the back pressure without trimming. However, when I get home and fly FS2K2 with my CH yoke I really don't miss the realistic control forces and find the CH experience still very realistic.

sell your house, car, mother, girlfriend etc .... then click hereregards, andreas

Guest gasebah

Very nice, is it USB or gameport? I missed a pricelist. To be honest I do not have a house but would be willing to sell car, mother and girlfriend. I am afraid this will only be sufficient for one pedal.:-)Alex