Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

CH Virtual Pilot Pro Yoke

FS 2002 Pro - CH Virtual Pilot Pro YokeWhile making joystick assignments everything works correctly except the right hat switch on the yoke. No matter which position I select, FS2002 assigns it as POV 0. Even modifying the fs2002.cfg file did not remedy this. I had no problems with this in FS2000 Pro. Any ideas?Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Darrell. Maybe MS will fix it when they release the patch.

Guest Peewee1

Hi Guys,Is that why the pan view rotates the panel as well, or is it my setup at fault?

Guest John_Hirsch

Thank you, Bob, for the heads up on the new drivers. Didn't know that they were available.

Yeah I did the new drivers but still same problem. I actually talked to someone at Microsoft and they could not get it working either. I left a message on the wish list with my complaint.

Well, the problem that I've heard the most was that XP tries to set the VP Pro up as having 2 POVs, one of them used to be seen as buttons, and that's what the new drivers should have taken care of.I've not used the VP Pro in FS2K2 and assumed that's what you were having problems with.If the right hat is POV 0 then it's the standard POV and FS2K2 doesn't normally allow it to be programmed to be anything but a POV. You should still be able to assign the buttons 32 through 39 in the .CFG file to the hat positions, but awhile back I was talking with Ray Proudfoot and he discovered a flag setting in the .CFG file, something like "pan_in_cockpit_mode", I can't recall the exact name, but have a look. Apparently if it's set, the button 32-39 assignments are disabled. You might check and see if the flag is in your FS2002.CFG file, flip it's state if it is, and see if you can do the assignments in there.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Hi Bob,...but awhile back I was talking with Ray Proudfoot and he discovered a flag setting in the .CFG file, something like "pan_in_cockpit_mode", I can't recall the exact name, but have a look. Apparently if it's set, the button 32-39 assignments are disabled.You have an excellent memory! The following entry is present in the CONTROL section of FS2002.CFG which I have commented out...;pan_in_cockpit_mode=1I suppose that's the same as pan_in_cockpit_mode=0In other words, don't pan the view when in cockpit mode. This allows the 8-way hat to show 8 different views rather than just pan around. It also has the added advantage of reverting to a pan control when in VC or Spot Plane modes.Alternatively, it is possible to allocate 8 different commands to this control by using the new programming facilities in FSUIPC. You must delete the pan view in Control / Assignments within FS2002 first though. In fact for anyone with CH USB hardware I would recommend this course of action. Pete's software is much superior to the Control Manager software provided by CH.Hope that helps!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,>> You have an excellent memory! 8)>> Alternatively, it is possible to allocate 8 different commands to this control by using the new programming facilities in FSUIPC. You must delete the pan view in Control / Assignments within FS2002 first though. <http://www.stickworks.com

Hi Bob,FSUIPC would certainly be the easiest, but with the VP Pro it's only going to be four commands, the analog stuff only had 4-way switches.Doh! I should have remembered - I had one of those for 7 years until recently.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather