Sign in to follow this  

DC-3/R4D Aircraft for FS2K2

Hi,I bought the MAAM R4D designed by Chaffin/Visser/Rambow a year ago or so. I like the DC-3 in general but in my opinion this model was the best aircraft for FS2000 I've ever seen (payware included). I spent a lot of time flying the Gooney. After upgrading to FS2K2 I encountered some problems I couldn't resolve and I heard a lot of rumours about the future of the project. I think, Roy and his teammates have to do a lot of work to complete the B-25. So I'm afraid there will be no real FS2K2 (GMax) version in the near future. Does anybody know a DC-3/R4D for FS2K2 of a quality comparable with that designed by Chaffin/Visser/Rambow?Many thanks, Thomas

There actually IS a gmax version built already, the only problem is that the B-25 has priority over it. The B-25 is now built for MAAM by Jan, Bill and Fred Banting.Jan has built the gmax DC-3 (and it is a real beauty I might add ;-) ), but cannot release it with the 2D panels which are coprighted by Roy.As soon as the B-25 is finished it is expected they (Fred) will work on getting a new 2D panel for the DC-3 (the virtual cockpit is fully functional and one of the best around for FS2002 today).Sit tight and be patient ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

You can bet that the new R4D-6 will be better than the old. Don't get me wrong, the FS2000 version is STILL in a league of it's own, but this one's going to be better. I've read where Garry Smith showed an interest in the project. I'm not sure what was worked out, but you can only imagine........

there is a link to the R4D6 at www.dc3airways.com. From the front page, go to the menu, click on the DC3 & r4d link, follow the links to the download instructions and a link to the download. This is the one that is available on CDR as donation ware or as a download, with similar donation ware. There is also an update file that gives the exterior lights the proper glow instead of the blooming which they otherwise show in fs2k2.btw, you might also want to think about flying with and joining dc3airways.Sherm

>there is a link to the R4D6 at www.dc3airways.com. From the >front page, go to the menu, click on the DC3 & r4d link, >follow the links to the download instructions and a link to >the download. This is the one that is available on CDR as >donation ware or as a download, with similar donation ware. >There is also an update file that gives the exterior lights >the proper glow instead of the blooming which they otherwise >show in fs2k2. Thanks a lot. I use the light fix with the MAAM R4D from CDROM -- seems to work well.>btw, you might also want to think about flying with and >joining dc3airways. Yes, I think about that. But I'm not sure if I have enought skills to do that. I've never been flown in a MP environment and my only ATC experience is with the MS built in. Last month I bought and tried RC v2.2 but there is a lot of practice needed and I never tried VATSIM or something like that at all. Are there any tutorials how to getting started with a VA or especially with dc3airways?Many Thanks, Thomas

DC3AIRWAYS is very user friendly. There are many tutorials, and you can choose flights and go at your own pace. Explore the web page and some of the suggested flights. It really does not take much experience. You can practise all you want before you think you are ready to take on an assignment. Remember, it's only a sim and no one gets hurt...ShermDC3A#662www.dc3airways.com

I would also encourage you to try DC-3 Airways. You do not have to fly online. Their website is full of information on how to fly the DC-3 and how to do certain types of approaches. You have to do 5 short, specific training flights, but you do them in private and only report each of them when you have been successful (so you can practice the flight as many times as it takes to get it right). Pilot reports are on the honor system. The whole organization is very laid-back, but very high quality. Until DC-3 airways I had never joined a virtual airline, but I'm having a blast with them. I particularly enjoyed the training flights because they helped me learn how to use an approach plate properly. Don't be intimidated by the prospect. You'll love it.

Thanks for your recommendations. I will try dc3airways tonight.Thomas.