Sign in to follow this  

The Captain Sim 727 is ABSOLUTELY UNREAL...BUT REAL!

OK simmers..... This new 727 from Captain Sim (I read about it on AVSIM'S front page) is UNLIKE ANYTHING I'VE EVER SEEN BEFORE! It is totally "photographic" and should bring a whole new realism to this hobby. The "chick" in the right seat is easy on the eyes and SHE'S NOT A COMPUTER GENERATED CARTOON! I certainly hope they do their homework on flight dynamics because the plane looks sweeeeeeeeeeet too! Just can't wait............ Stan http://www.captainsim.com/727/

I absolutely hate to find myself among the gripers and the complainers, but I'm extremely concerned about my ability to run this panel on my 850 MHz machine at 1152 x 864. As much as I'd LOVE to fly that baby (Richard Probst's panel, which makes a perfect compromise between graphics quality, readability, and frame rates) has gotten me hooked on the old-school '27), I'll have to see a LOT of favorable reports before I shell out the dough.I'm excited, and I'm certainly not criticizing Captain Sim for what will undoubtedly push the bar for FS development even higher, but not too excited...don't want to be all disappointed come November ;-):-outta

...just read the message from Alex Pogensky over in the Capt. Sim forum, and while I understand the points he makes, it seems as if the company has decided to target the 1.9 GHz, 512 MB RAM, big-screen monitor crowd. The technical limitations of doing otherwise with high-quality addons are understandable...it's just disappointing for me, that's all :-):-outta

I was just amazed at all those screenshots. It seems like I think I might finally buy an addon after all. And yes .. that first officer is ... mmmmmmm :-)

NAHnothing is going to come close to the Airbus a320 by WILCO

Guest B52Drivr

Oh yeah? LOLWell, perhaps you should buy it, (pre-order) and download the manual.....This ain't your father's Oldsmobile. This is about the most real offering I have seen........if they deliver half of what they promise......this will be the most fantastic aircraft that has yet hit FS. Don't get me wrong.....I loved Mike Stone's 27 and Richard's 27 panel. And if you liked those, if your machine can run it, you will have to love this one. I just can't believe all the goodies in the manual.I don't think its a GMax model.......I think they just shrunk a real 727 and somehow got it into FS2002... It's pretty impressive stuff, and this is from a guy who has flown a real 'Two seven' 200 a time or two in his life. But hey, don't let me influence you..LOL...When I have longer, I'll tell you how I really feel.......I for one am really impressed and don't often buy something on pre order.Best to allClayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest GabrielR

wow looks amaizing, kind of retro AC. My wife is not going to like that first officer.........

Guest JonP01

>wow looks amaizing, kind of retro AC. My wife is not going >to like that first officer......... I think that First Officer is going to result in a lot of extra sales somehow. It seems to be the trend nowadays :-lol The trend seemed to start with the FSD Piper Cub and go on from there...I mean, even myself as a die hard GA man will have think twice about this package :-lolThe virtual cockpit shots obviously do show what the simulation engine is capable of supporting and it would seem clear this is going to be a top end product for a top end machine. I don't think I would go as far as to say it is the best aircraft ever for FS, but it is perhaps a very strong candidate in it's particular genre.I really get the feeling that the sheer scalability of FS2002, and it's obvious ability to support add-ons like this, means that FS2002 could be the longest serving flight sim ever on people's hard drives. Every month these wonderful add-ons just seem to turn the sim on it's head and into a whole new product.

Hi all!I think what I'll do is wait until both the Captsim and Dreamfleet versions are released, read the reviews, forums, and then decide which one to buy. Things are looking promising though, aren't they!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Well, perhaps you're right, but let me make you know that actually Alexandr Pogensky have been used photo of his wife... and his own as FE--visit www.vatsim.spb.ru

This is what I imagine FS2004 will look like. So, you guys who think you want to make a hardware upgrade now might want to wait a few months before the AMD Hammer arrives.