Sign in to follow this  

can i combine PSSa320 panel with POSKY a330??

Guest gooper

Hi to all, i just want toknow if anyone has combined, or tried to combine the PSS panel with the POSKY a330 external model. I absolutely love the A330 but seeing as how there are not any really good panels avilable right now I thought i would try this combo. appreciate all comments on this topic.

Guest flightpro08

With the new POSKY Airbus A330 FDE, the PSS Airbus panel apparently works farily well. Haven't tried it myself, but its worth a shot.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designerhttp://members.cox.net/santracon/images/san_logo.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

I'm pretty sure its possible.I have done it with PSS747 panel and other Posky's airlines and they are perfect together...What I did was add the Posky's model and textute to the PSS747 folder and then add the aircraft name to pss aircraft.cfg...You'll need to duplicate one of pss aircraft in aircraft.cfg and rename the title, variation, model, and texture to the aircrat you added..Don't forget to change the flightsim number-[fltsim.0] to the next number in lineAlso, you might have to rename the Texture and Model folder you addedFor NorthwestAirlines, it would look something like this texture.nw, model.nwExamplePss A319 original[fltsim.0]title=PSS A319 CFM Airbusui_variation=PSS A319 CFM Airbussim=A319cui_type=A319csound=CFMmodel=CFMtexture=houseatc_airline=PRO AIRpanel=kb_checklists=a319_checkkb_reference=a319_refatc_id=AB319atc_flight_number=PS319atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Airbusvisual_damage=1description=Designed to compete with the Boeing 737 and McDonnell Douglas MD-80, The A319/320/321 were Airbus' first entry in the narrow-body market. Although the aircraft borrows some features from the larger A300 and A310, it is essentially a new design equipped with many state-of-the-art engineering innovations. For example, The A319/320/321 were the first commercial jetliners with a full fly-by-wire control system. Other advanced features include widespread use of composite materials to reduce weight, sophisticated avionics including a gust-alleviation system allowing a smoother ride, advanced cockpit warning systems, and high-technology engines to reduce noise and fuel consumption. COPYRIGHT 2002 PHOENIX SIMULATION SOFTWAREPosky added aircraft (Northwest Airlines)[fltsim.1]title=PSS A319 Northwest Airlinesui_variation=PSS A319 Northwest Airlinessim=A319cui_type=A319csound=CFMmodel=nwtexture=nwatc_airline=PRO AIRpanel=kb_checklists=a319_checkkb_reference=a319_refatc_id=AB319atc_flight_number=PS319atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Airbusvisual_damage=1description=Designed to compete with the Boeing 737 and McDonnell Douglas MD-80, The A319/320/321 were Airbus' first entry in the narrow-body market. Although the aircraft borrows some features from the larger A300 and A310, it is essentially a new design equipped with many state-of-the-art engineering innovations. For example, The A319/320/321 were the first commercial jetliners with a full fly-by-wire control system. Other advanced features include widespread use of composite materials to reduce weight, sophisticated avionics including a gust-alleviation system allowing a smoother ride, advanced cockpit warning systems, and high-technology engines to reduce noise and fuel consumption. COPYRIGHT 2002 PHOENIX SIMULATION SOFTWAREhope this helps...Troy

Have you even read the PSS forum, and especially the older topics there?The PSS panel cannot handle A330s. Weight and ballance issues are too different.

I've already made it work.. The W&B issues are ONLY displayed on the MCDU. When the plane calculates the TOW of the plane it will exceed the MTOW of the A320, but you'll get just an error message but you'll stil be able to configure the plane. The other major issue is when you're on approach... once you start lowering the flaps, the Airspeed indicator will show a red bar indicating you're overspeeding, but you won't get any alarm from the flight simulator because you're not stressing the plane. I usually ignore those 2 major issues and I can make the plane fly pretty well.It's a shame the people from PSS doesn't want to make a minor change in order to get a competitive advantage from the A320 PIC which will be for sure a hit.As a consumer I will certainly use and recommend the A320 panel that will be able to handle an A330 fairly well. I hope either Wilco or Phoenix Simulations realize about this. I've written both companies but I haven't get any response yet.Jorge Martinez Malacara

Guest Howard

I agree. The PSS autopilot is so good that I never have any problems. Some tweaking is needed on the cfg to get the flaps indicating correctly, as far as I recall, and this does not seem to affect the dynamics.Main issues are with the FMC which appears to calculate the wrong V speeds. The FMC cannot accept the weights of the A330. There was a message in the old Posky forum about proportioning the weights entered in the FMC so that it calculated the correct speeds.At low weights the aircraft is nearly perfect with the speed indicators (Vls) appearing to give reasonable values.The aircraft will still follow the FMC on a programmed flight nearly perfectly.RegardsHoward

Once PSS does that there will be no end to it.Someone will want them to make it work with the FlightCraft A340-600, or the Simubuild A340-500, or some other A340 that someone may release.They have always stated the panel was for the 320 family only, we should respect that. And IMO PSS already has a big plus on the PIC. Not only were they there months before with an excellent product, and have all the PIC screenshots looked less than promissing, from what I hear it will be impossible to mate the PIC with anything else where you can mate the PSS 'bus with any A320 series aircraft out there just fine.