Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guruswarmyoz

ALERT. PIRATED FILES

I have recently had a scenery file for Sydney, Australia pirated from my web site, altered and uploaded to several well known Flight simm sites. The ID file had an addition to it stating that a AFCAD file by "Andreas Ernst" was included. As it turns out not such file was added.Does anyone know Andreas Ernst?I have no way of knowing if "Andreas Ernst" had anything to do with this outrage and am not suggesting that here.There is a person with that name who has files at other sites and as yet he has failed to answer my emails. If you read this Mr Ernst, please respond, you may be an innocent party too.All the web masters at the sites mentioned have removed the file and I thank them for that.I thought this sort of thing was something from the past. Other developers BEWARE.Any help would be appreciated.Clive ( Aussie) Marriott.

Guest Guruswarmyoz

Clive,Funny you say that. My PC9/A was uploaded to Simviation without permission, and recently the Mirage IIIO that was recently posted on www.aussim.com has been uploaded as well.Now in the last 2 months a virtual Airforce, ok its the VIRTUAL CANADIAN AIRFORCE, in particular a Mr. Curtiss Jones has done 2 unauthorised repackages of the PC9 into a T-6.Twice i have had to ask the webmaster at Simviation to remove it (which is appreciated). What has struck me was the total lack of respect by this mob by ignoring my requests to keep the original readme file with any repaint - its a simple bloody text file of approx 10k in size. Basically this DOES amount to piracy.I am wholeheartedly glad that there are responsible webmasters out there such as here at Avsim, Flightsim and Simviation (& other sites too :) )who will take the time to listen to designers and to act upon files such as these.

Guest Guruswarmyoz

My sincere appologies.Please ignore the above in regards to the VCAF - i got hotheaded over a communications error.