Sign in to follow this  

Distorting panels

Hi all,Wondering if anyone has had the following problem with ANY panel, default or add-on. The panels distort (blur), meaning they change colors (red, yellow) or it is like the pixels seem to expand. Then everything goes back to norm. Just a constant back and forth, distortion, norm, distortion, norm. It's hard to mentally visulize but since I don't know how to get a screen shot within Avsim's size boundaries, I have to put it in words.I can't remember when it first happened, whether it was after installing a new scenery, a new version FSUIPC, or when it was.If anyone can understand what I'm trying to say or has experienced anything like this, please respond. I'm better at answering questions you might have than I am at offerinf info.Thanks,Mike

Guest Paul_W

I use a GF3 Ti 200 with 27.42 drivers (on an AMD 1700 XP, Win XP Home system), and the 2D panels did literally dissolve when I cycled through the views and stopped on that one; the lower half of the panel would slip out to the left as I recall, and the thing would just completely smear and dissolve. However, I never bothered with any troubleshooting because I was only interested in the VC view. So I've seen the phenomenon, but I have no additional information or fixes unfortunately.

I sometimes have a similar problem. I have heard that some people fix it by running the sim in the same resolution and bit depth of their desktop. Give that a try. Also you have the most up to date drivers for your card. (Sometimes newer drivers make things worse, so keep a backup of the old ones)CheersMark Underwood (Adelaide, Australia)PS It may help to post your sysyem specifications when seeking this type of help. Good luck.

Thanks Paul and Mark for the info.I have a 64MB DDR Nvidia geForce Plus AGP graphics card and just changed the driver from a 40.xx back to a 30.82. So far so good. Sorry I didn't mention specs in my post but I was in a hurry at the time.Again, thanks,Mike

Guest PhilipManwaring

This problem is often related to full screen anti-aliasing. If you encounter it again, you could try turning of AA and seeing if that helps.

Guest JeanLuc_

I've also discovered that with full screen AA and 16 bit mode in FS it happend. In 32 bits, no problem. This effect only appears on the region of the screen not covered by the outside view. If you drag the lower edge of the outside view window down to the bottom of the screen (under the main panel window) this will correct the issue. Many graphics flaws within the FS2002 Engine and Direct3D.

Yeah, happens to me in 16bit with AA turned on, but not in 32bit.