Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

PAI...A question about AI for smaller airports...

Guest abent

I am wondering if PAI does complete flight plans for an airline. I downloaded AirCanada Tango and it works great for the major airports. I now want to have Tango fly into smaller airports, specifically CYFC. I used AFCAD to create a tower frequency, and there are 2 GA gates plus one small GA gate. I looked up, on the AirCanada site, the Tango flight that leaves there at 5:40 Wed, Oct 2002, loaded up FS2K2 and went to CYFC. What do I need to do now - the Tango flight was not there. Do I need to add gates? According to my reading, there must be:ATC (a tower frequency)....checkGates......................check (suitable I think)AI flight Plan.............? (If it's in the PAI plans)I know this is a lot, but I'd really like to get this working. Then I can also do other airports!Thanks, Adam:-)

I'm no guru at this stuff, but I think I'm beginning to understand a little bit of it. The structure goes something like this:fs2k2aircraftaircraft.cfg --> This file establishes relation between the textures and the aircraft title(s). Hence, there should be a line like title=AirCanada or something similar where you installed the AirCanada aircraft. fs2k2scenedbatcsceneryaircrafts.txt --> This file establishes relation between aircraft title (from the aircraft.cfg) and an AC#. Check AC# for your AirCanada (or whatever the title was). fs2k2scenedbatcsceneryflightplans.txt--> This file establishes relation between the AC# and its flightplan. You may see several flightplan rows with the same AC#. See if anyone of them flies to your airport CYFC. fs2k2scenedbatcsceneryairports.txt--> This file has a list of airports that a flightplan needs. Check if CYFC is in here as well. fs2k2scenedbatcscenerytraffic.bgl--> This is the compiled version using the above 3 files. Use TrafficTools utility to compile them. Unfortunately, there is no central authority by which everyone can agree on the AC# to be allocated in the aircrafts.txt file and flightplans.txt files. It is a real pain to download aircrafts and flightplans from different sources and then match them up manually editing these files.

Guest abent

Wow. Thanks gopal,I'll have a go at this. Looks like a bit involved though.Adam

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,"Unfortunately, there is no central authority by which everyone can agree on the AC# to be allocated in the aircrafts.txt file and flightplans.txt files. It is a real pain to download aircrafts and flightplans from different sources and then match them up manually editing these files. "Hmm, I think we are many people that would like MS, or any otherfor the matter, to make some sort of Developer Standard here.Unfortunately, the only standard I know of is the one you createfor your self.-Niels Christiansen

I doubt PAI would program flights to an airport that didn't already have AI flights, it would be a waste of time, considering how much trouble is involved adding flightplans on that large of a scale. Make sure you have enough gates at the recieving airport as well as CYFC (use AFCAD) then use TTools and create several flightplans yourself, unless you have specific times you want to see flights, just copy a few existing flightplans for similar aircraft and change the airport names, TTools will adjust the time in transit. Hope this helps.Regards, Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW