Sign in to follow this  
Guest mondriver

ActiveCam 1.1 - Can't get crouch to work

First - this --IS-- an awesome add-on!!!I think I have most of the controls working (it is fun!).However, the NumPad-0 does not "crouch".I examined the ActiveCameraPro.cfg (I have one in boththe FS2K2 root and Modules folders) and don't see anentry for NumPad-0.Could someone help (post their ActiveCameraPro.cfg entries)?Also, please confirm that it's NOT possible to view theexternal plane when in flight - in other words, you canonly view in external view mode while on the ground.Thanks!JerryG

I have exactly the same problems. In fact, if I attempt the 'external view' while in flight... it screws up the whole thing and the program crashes! I also have the cfg file located in both the root and modules folders... I also get quite a "fish-eye lens" effect when viewing the plane externally on the ground....ideas?John-PaulToronto

I deleted the 1.1 version and put the first version back in, had too many problems with it and the 1.0 version worked fine enough for me. Heres how both modes work for me, when in interior mode you can slew all around your aircraft, but you will only see the part of the aircraft that was designed for the VC, usually only the cokpit. In exterior mode, you will see the whole aircraft, on the groud and in the air (wish I could look up), but from the ground. If you can control it, try watching a 747 take off while standing at the end of the runway, freaky!regards, Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Same problem here.....no crouch (Numpad 0 takes me back to cockpit view).External view is available in the air if you deselect EXTERNAL VIEW after takeoff.

Guest PhilC

Yep, same here. Crouching and looking up and down seem to have disappeared.EDIT - OK, I had not replaced the original cfg file with the new one. The commands are in it for looking up and down and crouching. I haven't tried it yet but that may have been the problem.

Guest byoung

Is there a web site with more info? Sounds interesting!Barry

First let me say that I appreciate this program a lot, even more so that it is freeware. I would have paid for it (once I flew it and saw what it can do) That being said I went back to Ver 1 as well. I think it seems more accurate in flight especially when side slipping to land. The Head turn into the turn although it seems would be better distracted me too much. It works well while taxiing but once in flight it works better in the first version. As far as the outside walkaround stuff I barely use it. Thanks Serge, and Guillaume!http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Guest Anticyclone

Jerry,Simply add this line at the end of the ActiveCameraPro.cfgPilotCrouch=VK_NUMPAD0,DOUBLEComment : it is NUMPAD"digit zero" and not letter "O".Then save the file.Reply to John Paul : The add-on is not foreseen to have the external pilot view working correctly while airborne. The variables in the source code are only valid if the "pilot" is on ground. In the future we'll add this function which will be useful for the screen shots enthousiasts.Reply to Michael : I don't agree with you when you say the version 1.1 had too many problems. The only main problem came from lot of users who did not take time to read the installation instructions. We got tons of e-mails and every time people forgot to install the ActiveCameraPro.cfg in the FS main directory (root). The only minor version 1.1 issue came from a strange behaviour in the internal cockpit view when panning with a coolie hat in high bank and pitch attitudes.Improvements from 1.0 (only 2 days after the 1st release and due to feedback) are a more natural head latency function, key commands assignements (Note we added the crouch function missing in the cfg file), and define of the running speed. Newest version (we kept the 1.1 label) available since last night on our website www.anticyclone.be/active.html Serge and GuillaumeAntiCyclone

Guest Anticyclone

Oooooopsssssss!!!!Sorry : wrong copy pastethe correct syntax is : PilotCrouch=NUMPAD_0,DOUBLESerge

"I don't agree with you when you say the version 1.1 had too many problems." Serge and Guillaume, I am sorry if my post was taken the wrong way! I think this is an amazing product and the support you have demonsrated for it is amazing as well! After installing the second version correctly, "I" had issues with it, and instead of trying to work them out, I just re-installed the first one. Since your above post I d/l the update, installed it and tweaked it to my liking and so far haven't had the issues I had before except the freaky, merged graphics in the walk around view some of the time, but I had those with all versions, just MS from what I gather from you guys. So please accept my apology if I offended in any way, this product has totally changed the way we all view FS and I for one am thankful!Regards, Michael http://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest PhilC

No wonder you were getting emails... the command for crouching was all wrong in the cfg included with the 1.1 update. It says:[Keyboard]ToggleMouseLook=MOUSE_BUTTON_2,DOUBLEToggleMouseLook=F12PilotForward=NUMPAD_8,DOUBLEPilotBackward=NUMPAD_2,DOUBLEPilotStepRight=NUMPAD_6,DOUBLEPilotStepLeft=NUMPAD_4,DOUBLEPilotHeadRight=NUMPAD_9,DOUBLEPilotHeadLeft=NUMPAD_7,DOUBLEPilotHeadUp=PAGE_UP,CONTROL,DOUBLEPilotHeadDown=PAGE_DOWN,CONTROL,DOUBLEPilotCrouch=VK_NUMPAD0,DOUBLEIs there any documentation on what these all mean? Is the PilotHeadUp and down commands the ones for looking up and down? What does the CONTROL mean following the PAGE_UP and DOWN? Are the commands Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown?Sorry, but it's confusing to me.

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Phil,Sorry for the lack of documentation about the key assignements. We will describe these on the site and documentation shortly, but let us briefly tell you how it works:PilotHeadUp=PAGE_UP,CONTROL,DOUBLE- "PilotHeadUp" is the identifier of the command- "PAGE_UP" is the key code. It can be a letter or number (using capitals), F1 to F12, NUMPAD_0 to NUMPAD_9, TAB, SPACE, RETURN, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, PAGE_UP, PAGE_DOWN, MOUSE_BUTTON_0 to MOUSE_BUTTON_2.- "CONTROL" is an optional key modifier, can also be "SHIFT" or "ALT",you can have several modifiers for one key command (i.e PilotHeadUp=PAGE_UP,CONTROL,ALT,DOUBLE)- "DOUBLE" means that the key will send a signal when it is pressed and when it is released. In the above example, when you hold down the page up key, the head starts to move, and when you release the key, the head stops. If we remove the "DOUBLE" word, you would have to press the key a second time to stop the head movemement.The available command identifiers are all in the cfg file. You can add as many key assignements for one command as you wish (like in the ToggleMouseLook command).Hope this support helps :)Regards,Serge and GuillaumeAntiCyclone

Guest PhilC

Thanks guys. I had read the documentation and thought I had missed something.This should help a lot.

I love this addon but it doesnt love me apparently. I'm using the original PRO release and now it crashes FS on startup. It says activecamerapro.dll is the cause.I've tried removing the .dll and FS starts fine until I put the .dll back in the modules directory. It worked fine the first day I downloaded it. Im using Win98SECJ PuttKTPA

Guest Anticyclone

Hi CJ,We didn't receive that kind of crash report yet (13300 downloads on our website to date, both versions). Could you please try to install version 1.1 ? If you still get a crash on startup, keep in touch with us.Regards,Serge and GuillaumeAntiCyclone