Sign in to follow this  
Guest mondriver

ActiveCam 1.1 - Can't get crouch to work

Hi Serge and Guillaume,I tried installing 1.1 (after In made sure the original .dll was removed from the Modules dir), and I still crash on FS startup..here is the error messageCJ PuttKTPA

Guest byoung

Where can the program be downloaded? Is there a website? Please give me the URL...Thanks!Barry

I'm getting the same crash. My FS2k2 did start up the first time I installed it and I loved the feeling of being able to move smoothly all around in the virtual cockpit. However, when I started fs2k2 the next day, it kept crashing until I removed the activecam dll. I would love to put it back, but I am afraid to do so. This is for v1.0. I'll try out v1.1 and see what happens.

Guest Anticyclone

Hi CJ and gopal,Do you have other add-on modules installed in FS2002? If yes, could you please tell us which ones?Could you also download the oldest version of ActiveCamera on our website and try it out to see if you get a crash?gopal, what's your operating system?There can be thousands of reasons causing the crash. But we'll try to figure out what happens on your PCs once we have more information. At times FS can even crash without extra modules for unknown reasons.Regards,Serge and GuillaumeAntiCyclone

FSUIPC 2.90 is installed. I went back to 2.89 and that didnt change anything.I installed the old original Active Camera and FS started right up.When I tried both versions of PRO one at a time (removing the other ones first) It immediately crashed on FS startup.CJ PuttKTPA

Guest cwright

Serge and Gillaume, I had a crash problem with 1.1. This is what happened: I had installed 1.1 and had been flying for about half an hour (it was great!) Then I went to Los Angeles International. There were essentially no ground textures (totally and completely blurred). So I exited FS2002 and tried to reload. I couldn't run FS! It failed immediately before showing the options screen. Either I got the Microsoft error message or it locked up, forcing a reset. If I removed Active Camera then it was okay. I then tried removing FS2002.cfg so FS created a default cfg. When I reinstalled AC it worked fine. This indicated that somehow AC may have caused the cfg file to be changed. After some tests I suspect that the entry PageID=3 was changed to PageID=2, but that may be a complete red herring. Subsequently when I revisited LA I found that the ground textures loaded incredibly slowly (about 5 minutes!) But later the textures loaded normally. It's conceivable that on the first occurrence I caused the lockup problem by exiting FS when it was still loading textures. Also I have a suspicion that when flying in the LA area (and other areas with dense scenery) the texture update is very slow, leading to very blurred textures most of the time. In other words, it may have made the classic dynamic blurred textures problem far worse. I'm not sure if that's because AC is causing low frame rates - in general frame rates seem normal. Very strange - but it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of a truly great program. Many thanks for it - and for your great support as well. Best regards, Chris WrightPentum 3 800 Mhz, 256 Mb RAM, GeForce 1 32 Mb, Win98SE

Guest Anticyclone

CJ,You told us the 1st time you used AC Pro it worked correctly.Perhaps your crash is coming from the default start situation. When starting FS did you have the external pilot view enabled ?A german user reported us via e-mail he encountered a similar situation (same error message). To avoid this he simply switched to cockpit view, then on internal and external view and he could pan again.Try this : - remove AC Pro module (we guess it is already done)- remove FS2002.cfg so FS will create a new config file (as suggested by Chris Wright in another post)- launch FS 2002- then install AC Pro- test if still crashingKeep in touch with us.Serge and GuillaumeAntiCyclone

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Chris,When it crashed in the LA area, was the FS error message relative to ActiveCameraPro.dll ?We'll check what's the particular relationship with the FS2002.cfg.Since AC Pro do not make any reference to the scenery files we are sure it cannot alter the frame rate. The principle of AC Pro is quite simple. We displace the tower position and the reference point of the VC.We made benchmark tests on a P3 800, GForce 1, 256 Mo and on an AMD 1800, GForce 4, 512 Mo. There was NO frame rate dropping when AC is enabled, we also performed the test in "heavy" areas. Maybe you can check by yourself on your machine in the LA area by comparing the frame rate with/without AC Pro.Regards,Serge and Guillaumet,AntiCyclone

>- remove AC Pro module (we guess it is already done)>- remove FS2002.cfg so FS will create a new config file (as >suggested by Chris Wright in another post)>- launch FS 2002>- then install AC Pro>- test if still crashingHi Serge and Guillaume,The suggestions above worked!!I did have the external view enabled when I exited FS the last time before the crashes started. Thanks for the great,quick support and congratulations on an amazing add-on.CJ PuttKPTA

Serge and Guillaume,THANK YOU!Your support is prompt, complete and you even follow-upwith another version (1.2)!Thanks again - this utility has become a most for VC flying!!!!!JerryG

I just tried out your v1.2 and it works great! No more crashes - at least none so far in the last 5 times that I started up fs2k2. I use XP with fsuipc v2.90 as the only other dll in modules. Aparently, that was not the cause of the crash with the earlier version. I did have fs2k2 recreate a new fs2002.cfg file, but after installing AC pro 1.2 and running fs2k2 once, I went back to my old fs2002.cfg and it still starts up just fine. Anyway, I don't care what the reasons were .. I'm enjoying a whole new virtual cockpit now. :-) Thanks. gopal

Guest mondriver

Please help !!I have the latest 1.2 version loaded.....dll in the module folder.cfg in the root directoryI can't control movement on the ground with external view selected.I tried with Num lock on and offNo joy at allPlease help...I've had it working before, (earlier version) and it's driving me nuts now!!!FANTASTIC addon....Personally, I use 0.5 head, and 0.2 ground movement..... seems just right to me!!Thanks to all involved !!Nick