Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapHavoc

Active Camera Pro v1.1 rebuilds AFD database

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Just thought I should let it be known that version 1.1 of Active Camera Pro wants to rebuild your scenery index/database ad nauseum if installing any new scenery containing .afd bgl files. Been tearing my hair out all day (and I ain't got much to start with :-lol) trying to figure out why every time I loaded up MSFS, after installing this new scenery, at the splash screen, FS builds a new database and index as well as creating a 1.16Mb file in the FS root folder variously numbered (eg: 4143, 72B3, et cetera) containing code, SCASM code, and a listing of _every_ airfield contained in the database. After a complete reinstall of FS, as well as the particular scenery, and a second new scenery (also containing afd bgl files), was still getting the same results everytime. Removed the afd files and ... no rebuild. Installed the afd files ... and rebuild. Thinking back to when this may have started, remebered that I had also installed Active Camera version 1.1, so, on the off-chance, uninstalled it, replaced the afd files and ... no rebuild. Reinstalled Active Camera with afd files and ... rebuild.Don't know why the .dll file does this, but it does (at least on my rig). Just something to be aware of if using what is, IMO, a great little programme.

I hadn't noticed this before, because I'm reinstalling flight sim at the moment, with all the add-ons I expect to take this about a week or so-and so it is constantly rebuilding databases anyway.However, if it's true, I suspect it might be because it's 'messing' with the tower views...? :-eekAnyway, if this is a true problem, I'm hoping it'll get resolved soon because I love this program! I ignored it at first, because I thought it was for outside views only, and I prefer to fly 'from within', then I heard about the head-latency feature and decided to try it out. Well, ActiveCamera was one of the first add-ons that went back into my reinstall...and hey, I'm actually beginning to enjoy the outside views too now!

Guest Anticyclone

Hi CapHavoc,I'm sorry to tell you that there is NO RELATIONSHIP between the ActiveCameraPro.dll and the afd files. Nowhere in the source code there is a call to the scenery files. This afternoon I uninstalled and re-installeld MSFS 2k2 to check by myself. I left all add-ons previuosly installed as is. No problem at all. After I installed a new scenery containing .afd files. No problem at all too.It is a coincidence because you previuously installed AC Pro and I wonder if the permanent loading is not due to the new .afd files.The only issue coming logically to my mind would be a conflict in some part of the memory, between AC module and afd files.It is definately not coming from the new tower view because we simply diplace the location of the tower in the MSFS world. Anyway in order to help you I'll think about your problem and will keep you in touch. Can you give me more information about your machine ? Regards,SergeAntiCyclone

Guest PhilC

It's never happened to me. Can't imagine what is screwing with you if you haven't installed any scenery, traffic or AFCAD files prior to starting MSFS up. I also have no files named anything like the ones you mentioned in my FS2002 root folder (or anywhere else as far as I could see).Sorry that I can't be of any help.

Cap. Havoc,I had the same problem as long as there was the "PanAm Clipper" scenery by bluegrassairlines installed. Very annoying. :(Has really nothing to do with the ActiveCamera dll.Claudius

To add to (and correct) my earlier post: I must say I am not seeing this effect. Tonight I have been re-installing aircraft rather than scenery, and I have not seen any 'suspect' database activity...Thanks Serge, for this great add-on!

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Yep, may have been a tad premature with that warning; still having the problem even with Acvtive Pro v.1. uninstalled, so guess it's not the programme. (And yep, for the life of me, I couldn't really see how it might be, the internal workings of .dll files are still a bit of a mystery to me. :-lol)Phew! That's good, actually, cause I really like it. Will post a public apology for casting doubts upon Active Camera Pro (all versions) later on today (after I get some much needed sleep).