Sign in to follow this  

Caravelle question for Mike, and a Caravelle story...

Thanks Mike for another beautiful plane. The question--I can't figure out how to set NAV or COM radio frequencies. I know there's another panel out there, but I really do like the panel you supplied.I want to fly the Caravelle for a specific reason--back in 1967 or 1968, I had my first trip on a commercial jet--a Caravelle flown by United Airlines (I think they had only a few). The trip was from Boston to Chicago where I was to present a paper at a scientific conference--for that reason and because of first jet trip, I was really nervous. I was then a grad student, young and single. Anyway, as the plane was boarding and nearly full (I had gotten my seat), I noticed an absolutely stunning young lady walking down the aisle, and amazingly she was assigned the neat next to me. We chatted briefly, but as the plane taxied and prepared to take off, I could only concentrate on the plane and the airport (what a jerk!!) I explained to her that this was my first jet flight--she seemed to understand. Anyway, only an aviation nut would have paid the craft more attention than the woman, but during the flight she said that she was in a nightclub dance act, and if I had the time, would I stop by to see her performance. Can you guys believe this, I was so enraptured by the Caravelle that I never got the name of the nightclub!!--the damned airplane was so distracting! Enough confession--that was then. Thanks for listening--now, how to tune the radios?

Guest guyjr

Well that seems simple enough... first you wait til she approaches the end of the stage, then catch her eye, and as she leans forward toward you, break out another crisp bill, fold it neatly down the center, and then make your "deposit" at a key location on her gyrating body.That ought to get your navigation equipment pointing in the right direction!:-eek ;) >:-) :-rotor :-cool

Dick?No offence intended, but after telling us a story like that, you can't expect us to belive that's your name!!! :-lol

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I at least owe my marriage to Aviation.I was on assignment providing network installation/training in Mexico, and I was invited by my client to stay on a few extra days at their cost, as we all became very good friends during my time there.In order to stay on, I had to get my tickets adjusted. My stateside travel agent said the process was too complicated to change directly. She suggested I go to the airline's counter, and make the changes directly at the airport. But I had noticed an administrative office for the airline in the city center, and I figured they could probably handle it as well.To make a long story short, the person who took care of my ticket has been my wife for almost eight years, and together we share a beautiful daughter.Back to the Caravelle, I remember UAL had a few on their routes, I believe into the early 70's. Beautiful aircraft, and Mike's is the best reproduction I've ever seen...-John

The radio stack can be accessed by using the radio button on the left side of the panel, or by pressing shift-2.Mike Stone