Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone tried this with airport overlays?

Has anyone tried this to "trick" ATC into making planes take off and land different runways at an airport? Take an airport EXAMPLE: KLAX; cut out the taxiways connecting the two sides airport so that an airplane can only go to the runway that the overlay is connected to. Comments...

Guest tcable

I have and it does work just fine. I like to use overlays so that I can spread out my traffic espceially at really busy airports like ORD and ATL- I have set up 3 differnt runway pairs for any given wind direction at ORD, it is just that they are based on airline :) it works well, since I do not get large backups for takeoff there. I did not delete taxi points, just assigned differnt overalys to differnt active runway combinations.I've done some others, but I've kept all of the overlays going to the same runways- BOS and PVD as examples.Tim

That great news for all my airports with parallel runways. But it sounds like a little more work with cross runway airports.On totally unrelated subject (I have the space here so i'lll use it) Has anyone who's using KLAX scenery update for airport 2000 KLAX managed to get those buildings that fill up the center of LAX to go away. And does this anoyance show up at any other Aiport 2000 scenery if used in FS2002? I've tried flattening and exclusion lines and I still can't get those d*&$ blocky building out of the middle of the terminal area.

Just an update; tried that out on several airports. AI's that could no get to the runway atc told them to go to would simply disappear at their gates. Not quite realistic... The ones that could, went...