Sign in to follow this  

ActiveSky 2002 v1.2 UPDATE RELEASE!

Hi everyone,ActiveSky 1.2 has been released and is available from http://members.cox.net/dzc66It includes a new interface format, option to turn off message text, and various fixes. See the list below for details:10/8 DC -RELEASE- v1.2 RELEASED10/8 USER METAR PARSER Wind speeds for MPS values (Poland, etc.) instead of KTs were not properly handled. Fixed.10/7 USER MESSAGE Added option to turn on/off weather message scroll when new data received10/7 DC UI Changed screens and interface for better usability10/7 DC -RELEASE- v1.1A Test for German/alternative currency fix10/7 USER Distance Calc German language versions of FS/Windows and alternative currency formats would cause invalid processing of number/string conversions and invalid airport distance calculations, resulting in the wrong airport being shown as closest. Fixed. 10/7 USER Runtime OVERFLOW error 6 was happening on alternative currency or German language installations. Fixed. *NOTE* If you still have Overflow error, try installing the latest VB6 runtime files from Microsoft (search for visiual basic runtime and choose the distribution back sp5 or later)-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest odog

sheesh, when do you sleep Damian?Outstanding job tracking down the bugs.odog

Thanks Damian - you are on a roll.Future compatibility with Radar Contact v 3.0 and FS SkyWorld would be "very nice to have" addition. Right now Radar Contact people are only concerned about FS Meteo compatibility since this was the only game in town. Maybe you could knock on their forum next door since they are putting finishing touches on their revolutionary 3.0.Michael J.

Michael,I just got word from JD of RC. Looks like compatibility is already in there! :-)-Damian

Damian Clark

>Looks like compatibility is already in there! :-) Awesome !Michael J.

awesome, thanks for the great work on this! :)

Just an excellent program... Thank you :-wave:-jumpy :-jumpy:-jumpy :-jumpy:-jumpy :-jumpy

Hi Damian,First off great program, awesome concept, keep up the good work!I am going to pass this along to you. I may have found a weather bug for Alberta, Canada weather.For some reason the Alt. is way off as mentioned before with V1.0.I set up my aircraft in Calgary CYYC, loaded the program as instructed. And I was showing 33000ft on the ground.http://mainlandpc2.netfirms.com/pic1.jpgI then moved the aircraft to test it out in Vancouver CYVR and everything worked fine. I thought I would try Edmonton CYEG, I had the same problem there with V 1.0, and it was still off.I do not know if it is a weather reporting bug with Canadian Metars or just in the Province of Alberta?I thought I would let you know,Regards,Karl K

Hi,Excellent work! WellDone! ...and of course Thank you for sharing this program for free.But pls allow me to ask you to also put LGAV, the NEW Athens International Airport in the icao.txt file.Coordinates:LGAV,N,37,56,E,023,56,54Vangelis Hassiotishttp://avsim.com/greece/hvacc

Hi Vangelis! How are things?No problem, LGAV added with your specified coordinates... thanks! You can of course also add LGAV to your own icao.txt file for now but LGAV will be included in the next release. Thanks again!-Damian

Damian Clark

Guest iflyskyhawks

Awesome job Damian, awesome job! Thank you for offering such a great program to enhance the flight simulation experience!

I just went to CYYC and could not re-create the pressure problem. All worked fine. Maybe the weather report was messed up?

Hi Karl, I checked all those airports and it worked fine for me... unable to duplicate. You sure you are using v1.2? Double check (check the splash screen) and if you are up to date, give me a screenshot of the main screen and one of the runtime status screen and I'll investigate further.. Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark