Sign in to follow this  
Bearracing

*What Do You Use Flgithsim For?

So many diffrent people from diffrent countries use flightsim and I want to know what you use it for, what you fly and which countries you fly in?I use flightsim to fly routes that are flowen by my home airline Qantas. I use the POSKY 767 because it offers me so much variety like short domestic flights to long international flights like Sydney-Hong Kong and Melbourne-Tokyo. I always fly in real time and use real weather, I do most of my flying on my days off nothing like sitting infront of flightsim for hours while everyone else is at work.What do you use flightsim for?Regards

I fly mostly in the Pacific Northwest around where I live. Trips like Seattle to Portland, Portland to San Francisco, San Fran to LAX etc. Lately I've been flying the POSKY 767 and DF737 almost exclusively. I generally fly during the evenings after work for a couple hours before I turn in. I almost spend more time on the forums and downloading/installing new aircraft than I do actually flying :)

Guest flightpro08

I use FS2k2 as a way to "get away" from all of the stresses in my life and just to relax, and watch the world glide below me.Poetic, isn't it? :-lol I typcially fly in the United States, and am west of the Mississippi about 75% of the time. I also visit Canada, the UK, and China every now and then. I typically fly the DF734, PIC767, and POSKY CRJ-200ER. As for the routes I fly, I just fly where the ATC is. As I fly online 100% of the time, I typically fly where ATC is availible. On VATSIM, there is a scedule about which regions are highlighted each day of the week (i.e. Friday nights are Westermn Regionals.) Overall, flying with FS2k2 is one of my favorite things to do. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designerhttp://members.cox.net/santracon/images/san_logo.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

I too like to get away from it all. I've always had an interest in aviation and currently hold a Private Pilots Licence. Since I'm limited to VFR, single engined, 4 place aircraft, (C.172, Cherokee etc) flight sim allows me to fly the heavy metal, IFR and into and out of airports I will never be able to pilot an aircraft to and from.I currently fly for British Airways Virtual and so my main airport is London Heathrow. I fly mainly to European destinations (even though I'm a Canadian). I fly mainly B.737 , B.757 and B.767, although quite often for the fun and challenge I fly Concorde. Flying Concorde is a real challenge, and since I don't like to fly for any more than 3 to 4 hours at a sitting, Concorde's 3 hours 45 minutes to NY works out well.Anyway It's an interesting topic and I hope you have lots of replies.Cheers

Guest iflyskyhawks

>What do you use flightsim for? As a newly minted private pilot, I use FS2002 to help scratch the "flying itch" that never goes away once you become a pilot. When weather keeps me grounded from flying the real Skyhawks, I can get a "fix" by firing up FS2002.Even now, after months of using FS2002, I'm still observing things in the simulator that make me really appreciate just how far flight simulators have come over the past several years.

Guest SoarPics

I use the sim as a procedural trainer. I fly GA aircraft, including a couple sailplanes, C421, Baron, Lancair IV-P, Commander, etc. throughout the western United States. I fly with FSMeteo, and never leave home without my checklists and Jep charts.

Guest Dominik Mann

In recent weeks and months, I have come to develop a routine where I would mostly fly long intercontinental hauls aboard Simubuild's A345 and -346, as well as European routes using the PA A320 - mainly the Lufthansa variant, to be more specific. Apart from these three aircraft, however, sometimes I also jump aboard the fabulous Dash 7 by Milton Shupe and consorts for short hops of no more than 300-400 nm, as well as David Maltby's VC-10, HS Trident and DH Comet. I usually fly with real weather imported via FS's built-in function (ActiveSky won't install because of "outdated system files" :-( ).

I do anything in FlightSim. Sometimes I take the Cessna for circuits around my home airport, sometimes I do circuits with airliners, mainly the PA A320 and rarely I do some cross-country flights in the Cessna or the A320. When I am bored I try to challenge myself in FS. Usualy I try to land the A320 on short runways to provide a challenge, or I take the Cessna in some mountanous airports for some challenging flying. Since I got FS2002 99.5% of my flying has been done in North America..mainly USA nad Canada. LAtely I do all my flting out of home town in Vancouver. I have my FS sessions in the evenings when all is quiet.Take careMike

Since I write so much about FS much of my flying is dictated by what I want to/need to write about ;-)But 'privately' I use it to fly GA aircraft, preferably in mountainous region of the world with a bias for Alalska, The Alps and Greece. I use FSMeteo, FSNavigator, and often FSFlightMax (and soon the new Garmins), and lots of mesh terrain !! :-)Aircraft I particularly like are the DC-3 by Jan Visser, all the old Beavers, the C185 float. And for European flights (a bit less rugged) I like the DF Cessna Cardinal, the Flight One Archer, and of course the RealAir SF260 for practicing my cross wind landings !! :-jumpyDid I mention the Dash-7 by Milton? That goes into the same category as the new (gmax) DC-3 by Jan (which we are still waiting for to be released ;-) . Excellent for longer flights and realism.No heavies for me... don't have the time for flight preparation and learning the FMC's, and don't fancy having my aircraft fly across the ocean while I am asleep ;-) It would only upset the passengers !! :-lol :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I use Flightsim to simulate flight :-lolNah seriously..I use it to get away from real life for a while. When I come home after school I just spend an hour or so flying in FS, before I start with the stuff I have to do (like homework, cleaning, eating etc.). It's funny, but I feel it's easier to concentrate on the other things after having done a flight in FS.I mostly fly cross country in the smaller GA planes. I try to fly VFR as often as possible and I often fly without the autopilot. I fly pretty much all over the world. I sometimes fly over my home country (Sweden), but the scenery isn't very detailed there. Other areas I fly over are Germany, the UK, Eastern Europe, western US and the Hong Kong area.Sometimes I also fly slightly longer routes using mostly the default 737 or the excellent A320. I usually never fly for more than two hours at a time, because I don't have the time, and it becomes boring for me after a while. I usually do those flights between various airports in Europe. Love the varied AI traffic and busy airports that you get there, when using Project AI and some AFCAD files.Sometimes, I take one of the "fun" planes up for a spin, like the T-38, Stearman or Extra, and just fly for a while, doing loops, rolls, spins etc. and then land again.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

well,I'm doing something strange:redoing all airliner flights I've done in real life in FS2002 on the same period of time.this meanse.g.,last year I flew from EBBR to EGLL during "fall holdiday"? and I'm now busy preparing that flight.I do my European flights with the PSS A320 in combination with FSMeteo,FDC,all official PAI packages.I'll use a real-world flightplan,calculate fuel,weather,NOTAM's,dowload AFCAD files for the two airports,...My only goal is to create realism,nothing else

I use also Flightsim to relax. Being in a cockpit watching the world below me has more relax power than a buddhist prayer :-lol I fly mostly over Greece since i know pretty well the country and reminds me some "souvenirs"....

Guest RonB49

I love to play Sierra Sports' NASCAR Racing. I fly a full year's schedule of Trucks, Grand National, or Cup races and use FS2002 to fly between the venues. Usually the Caravan or KingAir or Learjet.I also try to run as many races as possible in the other series which requires some long-range overnight trips. R-

I use flight sim instead of crack. They're both highly addictive, cause a guy to lose sleep, and alienates family and friends, but at least with FS, a fella can keep the job, teeth, etc. :-lolAs FS has changed, so has the way I fly it. At first, I did trips around Chicago because... well... there weren't too many other places a fella could go. Eventually, I worked up to VA flying and did a lot of medium-haul stuff in 767s for a variety of pax and cargo outfits.Now that the ground is more interesting and there are more quality GA aircraft floating around, I putter around in a twin and go wherever my brain decides.... I just always take off from wherever it was that I most recently landed. Right now, I'm somewhere in south-central Russia on my way back to N99 (Brandywine... the airstrip near my house).

Hey to allI fly the moost time in The Netherlands on EHAM and make EHAM real.I am flying in the "old" Fokker 70 and waiting on the new GMAX.I have about 125 aircrafts on EHAM and i use the NL2000 Scenery and waiting on the "new" NL2000 v3.Jan EHAM.