Sign in to follow this  
Bearracing

*What Do You Use Flgithsim For?

Hi :)I use it to emulate real World airlines :). American Airlines virtual is my real life VA, and I have a fictional VA which serves the Caribbean ....... both are great fun :D.I use FS2002 for IFR and eyecandy, but I use Airline Simulator 2 for highly accurate flight characteristics on the MD-83. Why do I use AS2, when the graphics are far behind FS2002? Here's the reason: The flight model in AS2 is much more accurate, with an atmospheric accuracy of 100% up to FL550 :(. Here's a test: Apply full rudder in most MSFS planes, and the aircraft will yaw a few degrees. Try the same thing in AS2, and you will head for the deck very quickly, as in real life :-lolhttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav2207_banner.gif

Guest eko

Well, I thought there was only one reason for FS2002... isn't it simply a testing tool to try out all those planes that get released everyday? ;-pSeriously, being a native of Malaga, Spain, I stick to southern Spain, northern Africa with GA aircraft. Great mountains, water, everything is close by... and I know what it is supposed to look like... that is exciting, having a "real world" frame of reference.Alaska is also a great place to fly, because of all the beautiful mesh, etc.However, I never SIMPLY go to a place to fly... I always make myself "get there". Since I live in Atlanta, when I wanted to start flying in Alaska, I made the trip there first (Atlanta - Seattle - Anchorage), rather than just "place" myself there. I like doing this, and it gives me a goal, which I like.When I really need to unwind and relax and do something totally "unreal", I hop in a fighter jet, and fly around the southern spanish/northern african mountains trying to keep myself no more than 200-300 feet off the ground. Lots of fun at 600 Knts. :-)

Hmmmm,Depends, sometimes buzzing the circuit in the 172 at Aberdeen (EGPD) or taking the Baron for a quick x-country, somewhere in the UK or Europe.Also in the process of turning a flightdeck (real) of an Embraer Bandierante into a fixed base sim. Playing with .air files to make realistic renditions of ERJ145 and Saab 340 flight dynamics, so end up spending hours of test flying the .air files.Darren

Guest ssurjap

I use it for my Virtual Airlines: MaxFreight

I use it as a substitute for Prozac, Works much better I think. Mostly I fly the Islands in the Caribbean and the south east U.S. I only fly with real world charts and checklists and approach plates, following real world procedures as best as I can in light twins and high performance singles, using real world weather.http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Guest lawyerpilot

Great for procedure training...I love to fly around the NE,Maine, Boston,etc. in the smaller twins...I am flying a Seminole, 310, Arrow's and Warriors right now..The 421 is a great plane to train in, as is the 182. Both for complex training and IFR training.P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedals19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL-182 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."

Back in the day I'd fly anything anywhere - but now I pretty much stick to my native airline's (Air Jamaica) routes and fleet - a320/21, a340-200 to the caribbean and North America, more rarely a340-300 to London and Manchester. I'll also sometimes fly other aircraft/routes that really operate out of my home airports - American ,BA, and Air Canada being my non-Air Ja favourites.Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Beno et al...FS2002 is an emersive way for me to relax and get my mind off of the stresses and strains of the real world, and a way for me to indulge my fantasy and dream to fly(one day soon I will). I fly airliners, usually heavies, online with domestic US ATC (I like the crew at FSTower.com)IFR in real time, usually at night (when things are quiet around the house!)and in real weather conditions via FSMeteo and FSFlightmax (which is now linked to FSMeteo so you can use weather radar to monitor the real-world conditions ahead of you! Great for requesting vectors around previously unseen thunderstorms at night). I wouldn't go anywhere without my Jeppensen Simcharts, which are indispensible when flying departures, arrivals and approaches in mountainous terrain at night in IFR conditions. My favorite airliner is the default Boeing 777 with a modified airfile, custom panel and third party sound, and I have a ton of nice repaints, though I also fly the B757(IADG.....wish they would add landing lights to the.MDL file), B767(The POSKY 767-300 may be one of the nicest flying freeware airliners out there!)the marvellous Freeware Flight Group's DC-10-30's, CSI MD-11's and the freeware A320s and A340s too, usually out of KMSP Minneapolis-St. Paul, my home base. I use AFCAD and Traffic Tools sparingly to add a few realistic AI flights and aircraft to airports I go to all of the time, like PHNL,KRNO, KBWI, KORD and KMSP, and I have done away with the default airlines like Orbit, etc. Except for a few smaller airports in Hawaii and elsewhere and some small landmark scenery items scattered across the globe, I rarely modify my airport scenery in an effort to keep frame rates high and the flying smooth.When the internet is quiet, I tend to roam the world in Flight Simulator, and will take local airline liveries to Europe, Africa Asia the Carribean and the South Pacific. If you have the charts, you can go anywhere, really. Flying around the Mediterranean is particularly enjoyable because of the dynamic terrain, water, mountains and my Greek heritage, and all of the wonderful terrain mesh, land class scenery that's available now. Though I've been doing flight simulation for five years now, I have really only just begun to explore the many wonderful places there are to visit. It will hopefully last a lifetime.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Nice Topic,It's great to hear what everyone else is doing!With me I fly mainly GA aircraft, and smaller aircraft. My main aircraft are as follows, DASH 8 (Bahamasair routes) The magnificent DASH 7 (in PIA colors, to fly their old routes). And since I used to fly for a charter company locally, I use the F1Cessna 421, and FSD Cheyenne to do the short hops throughout the islands. And for joyrides, you know those weekend getaways, I use the DFCardinal, FSD Commander, and some of Carenado's C172s.When I do fly the big metal tubes, I use the DF737 almost exclusively. I have flown the PSSAirbus, but I just prefer my 737. I also love the Yeodesign 737s with the high whine of the 100 and 200 engines.As far as where I go. Well lately I have been flying routes between Nassau (MYNN) and Florida (KFLL. KMCO, KPBI, KMIA). And a few direct Air Canada flights (real) from Nassau to Toronto Pearson (CYYZ).Online I use Vatsim, and fly where the best ATC is or where the traffic is highest, lends to the atmosphere. All-in-all, FS2002 is all I use now, nothing else interests me at all. Well maybe CFS3 and FALCON 4 SPK 3.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

To fly real time in Iceland, most of the time a real challenge due to the weather and terrain.Regard

Supposedly relaxation, but it's become a drug. Have to try everything, everywhere. It's a real fix every time I charge down that runway and rotate, in whatever aircraft. The beauty of flightsim is the "whatever" bit; the real world can never give you that.All time favourite place? Well, I'm lucky enough that in the real world I've seen a fair chunk of it; and New Zealand has to be one of the most sensational places to fly in terms of feeling you are really there. Get mesh, landclass, and a few decent airports, yes; but for me it surpasses anything else out there. Light twin, 737, whatever ... lots of exciting real world routes.This week, anyway.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

What do I use Flightsim for?To test freeware files with, that's about all the time I have available in FS2002 for now!Bear!