Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Ariane - A Decision?

Has it been determined if PT is part of Ariane yet? I'm kind of anxious to get the 737-300 panel from them, but will not do so if PT is part of it. I'd REALLY like to have a top-notch 737-200 panel if possible. Thanks,Glenn

Guest B52Drivr

Glenn,I think the final issue is: if you like the panel, then by all means buy it . . . if not, then don't. This subject has been thrashed around these forums enough, and with a little research, you should be able to make up your own mind. I liked their products and bought and was satisfied . . .that is my mind set. Your's, perhaps may be differend . . . sort of like on a car, mileage may vary!Best to you and yours,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Thanks Clayton - I was hoping to talk to someone who had actually purchased it to see what their reaction was to both the panel and the delivery of it. Appreciate the comments.Glenn

Ooops, thank you. That's all I need to know. I just found Fabrizio Berretta's (sp?) B737-200 panel here at AVSIM. Seems like a good one, and better than taking a chance on being ripped. Much appreciate the heads up.Glenn

Guest jrsky75

Yes they areThey sell a 757-200 model, which.... if you look carefully in the textures, they're all named starting with WAS, WAS Stands for World Air Simulations, which is from the same owner of papa tango....Peter Tishma.And... if Ariane is not from the WAS/PAPA TANGO owner... then they stole the WAS 757 :-lolhttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/jrsky75/WAS.jpgBest RegardsRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJ

Yup, I read you on that one. I was burned once by PT with EFIS98, and followed the whole fiasco through the late 90's and early 2000's. I have no intention of ever giving this guy a dime (or even a penny for that matter) again. I'll definitely steer clear!Thanks for this.Glenn

I bought both the GMAX 737-400 and the "NEW" analog panel. Without getting into discussions about the company itself, here is my opinion on the actual products:A) The GMAX 737 is possibly the best FS2002 commercial airliner yet released. It is incredibly detailed, accurate and flies well. However it has only been released in one version..Aeroflot. The web site has been promising the release of dozens of GMAX 737-400 and 737-300 planes for about a month, and none of this has happened. There is an excellent BA repaint available on AVSIM, but it has still been disapointing not to be able to realisticly fly this plane in the Western Hemisphere.:( Save your money on the panel, there are better freeware panels around and the DreamFleet 737-400 panel is VASTLY superior. The Arian panel is stripped of all functions (NO FMC and NO Autothrottle.) Less important but still annoying at these prices, the interior views are really poorly done, with a mixture of pictures from all different sources. It is supposed to be the ANALOG panel, yet when you look over to the first officer side, he has two CRT displays!!!! As you go around the cockpit, it's clear that the pictures are from all different types of planes, with huge variations in equipment, colors and lighting.Anyway, there is my 2 cents worth,Good Luck,Vonat

>A) The GMAX 737 is possibly the best FS2002 commercial >airliner yet released. It is incredibly detailed, accurate >and flies well. However it has only been released in one >version..Aeroflot. The web site has been promising the >release of dozens of GMAX 737-400 and 737-300 planes for >about a month, and none of this has happened. There is an >excellent BA repaint available on AVSIM, but it has still >been disapointing not to be able to realisticly fly this >plane in the Western Hemisphere. True...BUT you say:>:( Save your money on the panel, there are better freeware >panels around and the DreamFleet 737-400 panel is VASTLY >superior. The Arian panel is stripped of all functions (NO >FMC and NO Autothrottle.) 737-300s and 200s DON'T have FMCs in their original comfiguration...and you may not be looking hard enough for A/T...Its probably there SOMEwhere...I don't mean to defend Ariane/PT/WAS, as it has been proven that they are all associated with the infamous Peter Tishma, but perhaps you are being too harsh. There are plenty of people who would like a realistic panel for an older-model 737, and while DF's 737 is very nice, it doesn't quite match...

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments here. Yeah, the older 737's didn't have FMC's and whatnot, although most have been retrofitted, especially the -300's, which Ariane is proportedly offering. I rode the jump seat a few times in the 737-200 Advanced and we were on GPS most of the time (very similar to what ACS-GPS has in their panel-version :-) ), and an FMC was on board. Everything else was pure analogue though. I tend to like the older analogue panels, but the comments on this one (Ariane's) don't surprise me (poor quality) knowing what I know of the "originator". As I said before, "Been there, done that - never again" :-).Thanks once again,Glenn

"The web site has been promising the release of dozens of GMAX 737-400 and 737-300 planes for about a month, and none of this has happened."IMHO it is what one calls the "user funded" development model. Release a product, get some people to buy it, then take the profits to work on the other projects. Meanwhile, prohibit people from making their own repaints for distribution (I can only guess that there's a restriction like that, since I've seen no repaints posted).IMHO, this project is the most overpriced bit of hype I've ever seen. For $23, I can get a complete package from more user-oriented sites like Dreamfleet and Flight1, with as many repaints as I want. Panel included.