Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilipManwaring

Been out for 3 months

Guest Lobaeux4

Been over in the desert for the last 3 months, and haven't been able to keep up with Avsim, or flight simming in general.What new downloads/programs have I missed? Looking mainly for utilities, sceneries, new aircraft (payware or freeware).Hope everyone had a good summer, the flying in the middle east is a little different, controllers sometimes are hard to understand. Did get intercepted by a dutch f-16 flying from germany to iceland, very cool. Will post a pic when I get it on disk.Thanks for any inputs,Lobaeux

Guest dek

Lobaeux4, a great Dash8 followed by a great Dash7. Check them out. There are numerous other freeware aircraft available, such as a really nice Commander with a great panel, and a number of Mike Stone Gmax aircraft. I'm at work so these are off the top of my head. I'm sure others can also help.dek

Guest PhilipManwaring

Check out the last several issues of Bear's Cave for a roundup of the top downloads. Alos, be sure not to miss Oleksiy Frolov's Dash 8 if you like systems simulation. Richard Probst released an outstanding 727 panel to go with Mike Stone's model, and Charles Fox released an awesome FDE for it too. Also, Milton's Dash 7 is one of the best loved FS aircraft of all time judging by my experience, posts on this board, and the repaints coming out.

Guest Lobaeux4

Sounds like I should check out the dash 8, wonder how the PSS Dash 8 will compare, can't wait for that to come out.Lobaeux

Guest PhilipManwaring

I'm also looking forward to the PSS Dash, but Oleksiy's version is not to be underestimated. It's actually being used by several airlines for training purposes. He released it to the FS community as a way to get the bugs out. Frankly - I don't know of any serious bugs. Great software. I think you'll enjoy it!