Sign in to follow this  

AN2.Zip 10/8/02 Upload

Fine-looking plane but instrument panel in Russian as well as what I believe is intended to be a doc/help file. I'm unable to start engine and am hoping to find a help-file in English. Ctrl-E is the only tool I know of at this point and it turns the engine over but it won't quite catch for me.John Schulstad

Guest Lizardo

It's in the panel, somewhere..flies perfectly without it. I switched everything and looked all through the panel but couldn't find "it"; a fuel shut-off switch I suppose?

Guest Smiley

Sometimes realism is a B!^@# ;)Thx Kurt,

Hi Guys,I can not get a panel, in the panel folder is the bmp images and the panel cfg but when I am in cockpit view all I get is the top half of the screen show a view down the runway and the lower half of the screen is black. Have extracted the gauges to gauge folder. What am I doing wrong, mind it might help if there was a readme file in english. Running fs 2002 pro and windows xp home.RegardsPeter.

Guest Lizardo

I don't know if it means anything, but there are 4 .air files in the download. Only the An-2 one works...so you could toss the other 3.

Thank you, Kurt. The engine runs like a clock. I couldn't break out anything useful from that helpfile. Have you, by any chance, fluency in Russian?I'm reduced to using another panel since, while I can now start the engine, I don't dare use that very interesting original panel for fear of injury to myself and those around me. Should you decide to post a translation of the original gauge labels, know that it will be appreciated. Thanks again.John Schulstad

Guest Kurt

John,I'm not fluent in Russian, I just followed the steps in the pic. I goofed on step 7, CTRL-E is not required as you probably already found out. I do know someone who owns an AN2 and have flown in it a few times, but never paid much attention to the panel and other details. I haven't been in contact with him for several years and can't be of any help in a translation.You could try www.google.com and searching for Antonov AN2 . You should get lots of links which may be of help.Don't worry about using the panel, besides being a very interesting aircraft it's also extremely rugged. I don't think you will injure too many people even if you make a mistake. :-lolKurt M :-wave

Hi Peter,You've probably figured it out but on the off chance you haven't..... Check FS2002 gauge file for big bright yellow folder named gauges.If you find it, open it and liberate contents to mother gauge folder.Take care,John S