Sign in to follow this  

THIS it what it takes to make FS2002 scream.

Mike T.,Did you try HongKong airport by Thomas Kwong (vhhh_tk.zip in Avsim Lib.) - got to be the worst case I have seen in terms of add-on airports. I wonder how it runs on your new racing machine. Michael J.

Hey MGD, Was it one of my Dash-7 textures, perchance? I'm just following up, 'cause I'd like to know if they ever act up for anyone.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

It was the default texture on the Dash 7. The aircraft locked up the computer the minute I selected the Dash7. Error report said 9700 was at fault. I removed the gauges, aliased the panel and sounds to another aircraft and it still locked it up. I haven't tried to reload the aircraft with another texture. Can't get up the courage to try again. I hate reboots. I'm assuming it's a texture problem. Tonight I loaded up the CRJ200 by Posky with a the Eurowings livery and 30 seconds into the flight it locked up. Same error report. I have about half dozen other PoskyCRJ200 textures working perfectly and dozens of other planes downloaded and working perfectly. One other 9700 user also had a lockup problem with the Dash7, so based on my experience tonight with the Eurowing livery, I say it's likely a texture that's the culprit. Going into my third week now with FS2002 and no problems whatsoever except the above two. Can't fault the card for that. That's why I was gonna see if MikeT had the same situation with the Dash7. We'll see if we can get his new rig to lock. hehehe. That'll confirm it for me.

Wow Mike, that is one impressive box. That baby would even make the Maximum PC staff proud! Makes me sad that I just upgraded to an XP2000+. :-lolCraig

Hi Mike,I am glad to hear that everything worked ok for you and that you are enjoying your new system. :)I have two questions...What is the revision of your P4T533 motherboard?Which water cooling kit you have inside? Thanks, Petar

Guest guyjr

IMO, without autogen and AI, you're basically flying FS2000 (except for the water effects). Seeing those trees rushing by the plane at low level gives a whole new sense of speed that all earlier versions of FS lacked. I'd suggest trying to tweak down a couple other parameters and try it out with at least a bit of autogen in there.

Guest Dakota

I thought I had a scream'n machine with being 2.5 Gig hz and getting above 10,000 on the 3DMark2001SE. Then I saw your machine. :-fume That's OK, you just wait Mr.Mike T. The next computer I plan on buying in 2008 will make yours look like a toy! :-bla Course FS2008 will probably push the limits on that too. :-doh Nice machine you got there, thanks for showing.

>I'd suggest trying >to tweak down a couple other parameters and try it out with >at least a bit of autogen in there. I tried it. Some love autogen but I personally think it looks cartoonish specially those wimpy trees that are placed too thin to look believable (and I tried max autogen).Michael J.

>Well, all the parts for my new "super-puter" came in and I >was ready to build a PC JUST for FS2002 use. >Cooling provided by 5 Case Fans & Water cooling system G'day Mike Well , one great advantage that you will have with your new machine over the rest of us "mere mortals" is that you won't have to fill up your hardrive with aircraft sounds! I think that your case will emulate a 737 all by itself. :)Barry

Mike,>I locked the fps meter at 25fps, which is television >quality, and it stayed there religiously. Simflyers, Wilco, >Lago scenery with 100% AI traffic and all gates filled may >drop her down to 15-20fps, but still a great improvement >from frame rates as low as 4fps with my 2.0Ghz rig! many compliments to your new impressive rig...would you make me a small favour ? How is the fps at PHNL, without any frame limiter ?And, could you please test it twice, with T&L enable and a second time with T&L disabled ?thanks a lot,

I know the feeling. I just got a color monitor for my atari to play "pong" on!:-xxrotflmao