Sign in to follow this  

Is an LCD monitor worth it?

I use two large TRINTRONS for all FS2002 views right now and they are gorgeously clear, but they are huge, heavy, and bulky. I am thinking about getting a 15" or 17" DELL LCD. But will an LCD display text for things like FSNavigator clearly and consistently? Can you use an LCD for outside or spot views too? Or for gauges?Appreciate any views and opinions, thanks!JS

JSFrom my personal experience so far. I LOVE IT!I just got a Gateway 700XL almost 2 weeks ago and it came with a 18" Flat Panel Monitor FPD1810.(18.1") viewable monitor. At first it was kind of awkward. But, that only lasted a couple of minutes. I loaded up FS2K2 and haven't looked back. I have the FPS locked @ 30 and that is pretty much where they are staying right now until I add scenery. ( Haven't gotten that far yet, because of work).Resolution is @1280x1024.Overall I am a happy camper for now!!!!! :-beerchugJDUVAL