Sign in to follow this  
Guest CapnCol

blue horizon with overcast

Hi guys,I know I've seen this question answered here before, but I can't find it here or in the FSVC tips, so I figured I'd ask. I've got the blue horizon problem with sky set to overcast, and I've decided it's time to fix it :)I've got visibility set to 60 miles in FS, and 20 for cloudy/overcast and 60 for clear skies in FSUIPC. Sitting on the ground, I can barely see clouds out the cockpit window.GeForce2 MX-400 28.32Can someone point me to a previous discussion or post a summary of the knowledge gained?Thanks,Matt

Guest CapnCol

Hello MattI'm afraid I can't help with the overcast problem but I do sympathise.I have noticed that when visibility is set to maximum, the edge of the clouds are much further away. Set the visibility to low (say 5 miles) and there is a great big blue bit around the horizon. The only way I have found to get round it is to set the visibility to 1 or 2 miles max and have low overcast cloud (max vis in FSUIPC set to 60 for overcast). This is not too bad but I still find that during the day it is far too bright and does not represent a dark murky overcast English day.Colin

I've found a dark and eerie scenario in one of the pre-programmed flights. It's under Learn to Fly/ Instrument/ VOR Approach. Start it up and fly towards the coast, and it get's quite murky.

Guest CapnCol

Looks good. Will give a a go and see if I can "capture" the settings and use elsewhere.Thanks for that.Colin